$2000 for 1959 MGA Roadster

Guest impulsivelystupid.lol

here is what she looks like!

582680_10152072793805261_1622239589_n.jpg

Can anyone else see the photo?

I wanted to suggest that you go out and drive a similar running car before you get too involved in the project. It may sound obvious to some, or silly to others, but there have been cars I've lusted after for decades only to dismiss them once I finally got to sit behind the wheel. Sometimes, with older cars, there is little or no adjustment to the seats, wheel, etc., that may make for an uncomfortable driving position, visibility may be lacking, you may just hate the way it feels, and so on. If you can test drive one on a lot somewhere or via a club member, do that and you will then realize you made the best decision ever, or you spared yourself lots of time and money that you can then put into another project you truly like.

Personally speaking, there were so many MGA's built, that they must have been a decent driver.

I doubt you can FOOL so many folks.

I would also say that MOST buying an MGA today AREN'T doing such for long trips, but for cruising, grocery shopping, fun outdoor outings, etc. Under these conditions, putting up with a small foot box ISN'T a big deal, IMO.

Enjoy the restore, and the drives later on, I know you will, FOR SURE.

Dale in Indy

I, for one can attest to the decent driving and handling ability of the MGA. I owned mine for 10 years and drove it nearly every day. It was a GREAT handling and performing car. The only issues I ever had were related to the Lucas (Prince of Darkness) electrical system. One of the good things about them is that if they do break down, you can push them with one hand. I have actually thought of finding another MGA to trade one of my 1931 Dodge coupes for.

• 11 years later...

The nose section is were most damage happens.  Looks good, but since the car has been repainted years ago , (Someone had painted over the fender webbing) there could be damage  The grill is undamaged which is a good indication that front may in good condition.    I would check for rust out on the bottom of the front fenders, Doglegs (the lower front on the rear fenders)  If you can, you need to check the inner sill.   " Under Door area" You'll need to stick your fingers between the frame  and the back of the rocker panel, this is the inner sill check for rust holes.   If there is none "Great"    If rusted out holes then $$$$. 

You will need to overhaul the SUs which should be H-4s.  Both Joe Curto and I are good at restoring the SUs

YouTube has videos  by John Twist that will show you about everything you need to know about repairing and keeping the A running.  Plus John has a Zoom meeting monthly.

The pictures are of my 59 MGA 1500. from the time I bought and found the inner sills bad.   I'm in the process of painting.  But it will give you a hint if you don't check out for rust.  

All and all I wouldn't pass on the car you looking at.   If you need any help or info message me.

DSC02955.JPG

left side sill & B post replacing 063.jpg

DSC03882.JPG

IMG_3877.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

• Like 2

Good to see you here again John. We miss you in Tidewater! Nice work on the MGA!

Terry