Vent Balls

Guest Birdman

Guest Birdman

Hey Guys,

The vent balls on my 65 dash just flop around.

Should there be something that keeps them in place that I'm missing?

On my 69 firebird, the vent balls have a felt pc. between the ball and the duct that keeps the ball in place. There seems to be a gap between the vent ball and duct on both sides of my 65 Riv.

Thanks.

This post starts out like a dirty joke...but seriously I also need some advice here...my balls are flopping too. Yikes. I'm getting ready to pull and refurb my dash. It looks to me like felt is what keeps the balls tight in the vent. Can that be? Is the fix replacing the felt? PRL

wow...

OK, yes, there are narrow strips of felt in there, glued to the socket parts of the ball holders. When set right they hold the ball where you put it without binding.

I don't have any advice on loosening up tight ones... don't make it too loose or you will regret it.

wow...

OK, yes, there are narrow strips of felt in there, glued to the socket parts of the ball holders. When set right they hold the ball where you put it without binding.

I don't have any advice on loosening up tight ones... don't make it too loose or you will regret it.

It is an easy fix once you remove the dash. This will also be an opportunity detail the dash, the instrument bezels....everything...