New Photos of My '29 Roadster

racertb

Guest 28 Plymouth cpe.

Very Fiine job. Looks great. I do like the way the hubs and outer spoke holders are painted the color of the car. The outer ring on the tire looks very nice black. The whole car looks great.

Guest DodgeKCL

Very nice job. Great attention to detail. I'm not 110% sure ,and I'll stand corrected, but the 'P' on the hubcaps may be filled in semi gloss black. I have an original 30U cap and it is.

Very nice job. Great attention to detail. I'm not 110% sure ,and I'll stand corrected, but the 'P' on the hubcaps may be filled in semi gloss black. I have an original 30U cap and it is.

I can tell you that these hubcaps look like they've never been touched and there is some black in the "P" of the hubcaps. The paint looks a little faded and worn, but it almost looks like a matte black. May have been semi-gloss at one time, but I have no idea.

Thanks for the compliment!

Beautiful roadster. I notice that you don't have the metal "saddles" on the outer 2 rear deck slats. Are you missing them, or did your car not have them to begin with? What do you use, if anything, to secure the folded top to the rear deck?

• 1 month later...
Beautiful roadster. I notice that you don't have the metal "saddles" on the outer 2 rear deck slats. Are you missing them, or did your car not have them to begin with? What do you use, if anything, to secure the folded top to the rear deck?

I don't have them and not even sure what they would look like. I can tell you that we've never had them and when the top is down, it just folds down and rests on the deck slats.

I'd like to find another slat since one of mine is cracked...

One of mine was cracked, but someone repaired it long before I bought it. They did a so-so job, but it looks like a repair can be done at least. It would probably be easier than finding another replacement piece, and maybe cheaper, since these aren't just laying around in junkyards. Maybe you could have another piece molded from one of your good ones?

Guest straight shooter

Very elegant color choice. I also like the black wall tires. It seem like the white wall tires are over used these days.