Monroe Shocks

Guest shovel55

Guest shovel55

I have shocks to fit Buick,Buick Apollo and Skylark,Buick Century and Regal,Buick Rivera,Skyhawk and Special.I have four different types Radial Supreme,Monroe Matic,Heavy Duty and some Gas Shocks.There are to many to list seperately so if you need any just ask and I will look them up.I am listing them for 20.00 for two.They are all USA made not what you buy today.I will show pics of the ones that fit the buick models I have listed here.These fit alot of the 60.s and 70,s cars.

post-50473-143138735672_thumb.jpg

post-50473-143138735674_thumb.jpg

post-50473-143138735676_thumb.jpg

post-50473-143138735677_thumb.jpg

post-50473-143138735679_thumb.jpg

post-50473-143138735681_thumb.jpg

post-50473-143138735683_thumb.jpg

post-50473-143138735685_thumb.jpg

post-50473-143138735687_thumb.jpg

post-50473-143138735689_thumb.jpg

The best source for 57 shocks is Greg Hite who lives in South Bend, Indiana. He sells on Ebay. I bought my front shocks and rear air shocks from him. Mine were Gabriels, but I think he handles Monroes as well.

He is a good guy to deal with. i had a confusion with him and got the wrong shocks the first time out of the shoot, but he made it right and was good to deal with.

Well, if you are all about 100% originality, then you need the Delco front shocks with the spiral twist on the barrel. Good luck finding them! I saw some on Ebay several years ago and they were priced like diamond pendants on Liz Taylor. If you can find them, good for you, but I would be surprised if you do.

Yeah I have mixed feelings about my noble oath myself sometimes. I am 100% 1/2 German and 100% 1/2 Irish. Now the German side agrees with me here on one hand as being a puritan purist which also allows me at times a very good reason (excuse) why I don't need to be doing "something" on the car at any given particular moment. "I just don't have the part" I can say. On the other hand however, my Irish half says either " Just put a shock in there or take em out all together ... Just get the dang thing on the road - Boy! ..."

David, There has been a set of 4 NOS Spiral 57 Buick Shocks on eBay for the last 4 months. The person wants $500 for them. That is a little too steep for me, but they are original Delco, black spiral.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices.

Take a look and let me know what you think! Jim

Guest Rob McDonald

I dunno... for the other $405, I could spray bomb some Canadian Tire shocks black and put a pretty convincing helical pinstripe on 'em. Since my Buick just sits in the garage, ride quality is irrelevant.

Yeah, the way things seem to work out, they are probably the same ones I looked into about 6 months ago on ebay, though they were affordable at that time. A guy was selling them and was from australia I think or in that vicinity and after a sparse communication with questions, I did not get a good feeling about the deal and blew it off.

What I think is someone bought these and of course they are now ebay hawking them to death, using a 30,000-ton penny press and squeeze listing them at around $ 400 plus dollars. - I mean after all, it is that time of year and getting near christmas time. My tactic is to always wait to buy until about mid January.