storage in our 29

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

I am wondering if there is any storage hidden in my 29. There is nothing obvious and I hate to start pulling the rear seat or any thing out wiabout knowing what I am doing. It would seem that there should be someplace for tool storage and such.

This is somewhat dependent on model but in general I could say that I believe your 29 would be very similar to my 30 in terms of storage. I have torn my 30 Buick down to its bare body shell and there are absolutely no hidden areas that could be used to store any additional items.

What you see is what you get.

Thanks,

I have a 57 Dodge pickup cab, partly restored, in the basement that has become a storage closet. :P.... Someday I will get back to it and then I will need to get a cabinet to store all the storage. :) Dandy Dave!

Guest sintid58

It surprises me that they didn't have somewhere to store some basic tools and paperwork. I thought that a tool kit was pretty much standard equipement on cars of that era along with tools to change and repair tires. there isn't even an area to store the registration that I can find.

Sid, on my 28 there is a small door on the passenger side front kick panel that has a small space for papers, etc. Other than under the seats, which you have to pull, is all you have. I guess that is why folks added trunks to back of their cars, or used the running boards for suitcases, etc.