Tracing where my car was bought new

414TATA

I am sure this has been covered many times on this great forum but I'm just trying to get some ideas here.

I have a 1941 Buick. I am actually the 4th owner. 3rd owner bought from the family who bought it new but he is an older person and did not have any information on the city where the car was purchased in 1941.

I am pretty sure it has always been a Minnesota car.

I called DMV Minnesota but they told me they only go back 7 years.(seemed odd to me) & finding the original owner from 1941 was impossible.:confused:

I bought the car out of Mankato, MN. I think it could have been a somewhat local car.

Any ideas here?

I just think it would be fun to know where this car was purchased when new.:)

Thanks

Wayne B.

1941 Buick Super 50

post-78086-143138713139_thumb.jpg

post-78086-143138713169_thumb.jpg

Guest willeys41

I would love to know who owned my car,29 DeSoto Commerical Sedan.Only one known left.Just wonder if it haul Booze back in the day and etc.I don't know if there is a way to find this information.It would be great it possible. Dave

I would love to know who owned my car,29 DeSoto Commerical Sedan.Only one known left.Just wonder if it haul Booze back in the day and etc.I don't know if there is a way to find this information.It would be great it possible. Dave

You can go to the Chrysler Museum and get a build sheet for the sedan delivery for about $45.00. It will at least give you the first destination of the vehicle after it left the factory.

Walter P. Chrysler Museum

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

This prompts me to ask the same question. I have a 1965 Pontiac Bonneville 4 door that I believe was sold new in Seattle, Washington. Does anybody know who the Pontiac dealer there was at the time? Are they still in business or maybe the agency has changed a number of times. I don't know the date of sale but as the car was built in the first week of production I guess it was late in 1964 - it is body number 143 off the Southgate California line. As it has very few options I guess that they did some low spec cars early in the run so that they could put them in the showroom at very low prices. The first owner was a NZ businessman who worked for an international company. He took it back to NZ in mid 1965 on the passenger liner Canberra and it was first registered in NZ in November 1965. I have had it since 1977. I did the PHS thing some years ago. I am not sure where the paperwork is at the moment, but I don't think the dealer's name was in there.