Searching for 57 Buick AC Radiator # 3138904

buick man

Hello:

I am now on a search for a 1957 Buick Radiator w/Air Conditioning.

The top and bottom tanks have to be in decent shape the core can be replaced if need be. Apparently, the model 75's had the radiator part number as 3139561-P29A 57 B This will work and is the preferred radiator.

Thanks in advance.

David

Edited by buick man (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

David, I have a '57 RM 75 that I am parting out, and still has the radiator in it. The number is 3139561, which according to my Hollander Interchange book, is a late model '57. It also says it will fit the other '57's with air conditioning, and will give better cooling. It probably has a thicker core. It has been sitting awhile, but, is in beautiful condition, I don't think the fins are bent at all. $75.00 plus shipping. Paul in St. Louis

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Jim I did and was on it like a sled dog, but not up to par for the dollars asked. Oh, and it is for a 1958 Buick application and therefore buick man cannot use it. Notice the center return hose. 57 has it on the passenger's side.

Hey Jim, don't know if you noticed it or not, but if you did'nt talk to me here I just would'nt have a no one else to talk to buddy. :confused: Thanks for holding my hand through this. I truly appreciate it. Really.

Guest Rob McDonald

Awww... you sound so pitiful, I just about pulled the radiator (and fan shroud) out of my Roady and sent it to you. Then I thought, nah, it's chilly out, I'd have to turn the garage heater on and besides, I'm comfy sitting here on my big fat - red chair. Too bad, pal, but it was the thought that counted, right?

Happy hunting.

Geez guys..this kind of talk would even make Leo Buscaglia blush..Let's just grab some wrenches, some cold ones and some loud rock and roll and tear at those '57's...Are you with me!! LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

post-65800-143138830364_thumb.jpg

post-65800-143138830365_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rob McDonald

BUICK MAN, while checking out my newly installed Porta-Blinkers (have you ordered yours yet? Only $29.95, while supplies last), I noticed that I don't have radiator number 3138904 at all. 35 or so years ago, I had it in at Scona Radiator - long gone now - and they didn't know what it was actually out of. It's the right width and has a transmission cooler at the bottom but beyond that, who knows?

Thankfully, I don't have a purist slogan in my signature and the thing holds and cools water, so it's fine for me. Just thought you should know that I'm not holding out on you by not sharing. Everyone else? Well, that's between them and their own conscience.

Speaking of signatures, has anyone noticed MINE lately? Where's your empathy, guys? C'mon, ask me what happened.

Edited by Rob McDonald
Trawling for sympathy (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

OK we are still on this safari. We have now narrowed are sites still further and are looking for Radiator Part Number 3139561-P29A 57 B used in the 1957 Buick Model 75's. This is official. We have an all points bulletin out and still looking for this radiator! All spotters are instructed to report in as soon as possible with any good news or leads. Operators are standing by.

....Oh and Rob, we always appreciate your boundless arm chair wit, but unless you have a definite lead to report in on, we are requesting that all official spotters to practice restraint and try and remember to keep this channel open at all times for breaking communications as this is a serious and urgent request for this Radiator! :cool:

Thank you.

Guest Rob McDonald

BUICKMAN David, okay, I'm sitting in my other arm chair now. Strictly business now. I think the radiator you're looking for, number 3139561, has a flat top. That description might prompt readers to check the numbers on any spare rads they've got.

The 1946-1957 parts manual lists radiator 3136705 for Heavy Duty service or with Car Cooling, meaning air conditioning. This style has a domed top, when seen head-on. CABALLERO2 Dan has one of those for sale right now.

Yes Rob. Thank you. Two other spotters reported on Cab Dan's radiator as well as Dan himself so we are aware of this radiator but it has gone back into archival storage and our Safari continues into uncharted territories for this elusive creation. Known by local natives as the " Flat Top".

So again, Please use all emergency measures when communicating further data. We patiently await any and all new source data!

..... Over and Out!