A Place Called Buick

Guest donbent

Guest donbent

I have several copies left of "A Place Called Buick - Second Edition" - about the factories in Flint that produced Buicks and Buick parts for over 100 years. The book is full color, hardcover, over 230 pages, with hundreds of photos... $35 plus $3 shipping. Multiple Copy Discount is available - please email with inquiries.

This book will make a great Christmas gift for Buick enthusiasts.

Purchase directly from the author:

Don Bent

BCA #39542

1363 Campbell Street

Neenah, WI 54956

thebents33@aol.com

Guest 70 Electra

Anyone that is even remotely interested in the history of the Buick facility, and how it evolved over the years, NEEDS this book!

I have a copy and find it to be interesting and great reference. I highly recommend it. Get one now before it becomes unavailable.

Don: Thanks for all your effort in documenting this information. I wish there were more examples of books like this!

Guest donbent

Greg, I am glad that you enjoy the book. I still find the photos of the factories amazing. The 100+ years of history at that site is inspiring to any Buick enthusiast.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest donbent

If anyone else has additional feedback on the book, I would love to hear it... there are literally hundreds of photos in this book - many published for the first time in this book, and I am curious if anyone thinks that there are too many photos, or if they tell the story appropriately.

Don,

I got the book about 2 weeks ago. Sat down and read it from cover to cover. FANTASTIC!! You did an absolutely wonderful job in telling the history of 'The Buick'. It was great to hear from you again. Anyone who has even the slightest interest in the history of Buick NEEDS Don's books.

Terry Wiegand - Buickologist

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Don,

I got my copy a few weeks ago and have finally had a chance to have a bit of read.

I found it fascinating the amount of work that went into building a car company. As an old moulder, having spent many years in a foundry, I especially enjoyed the pictures of the casting shops. Ah the memories of molten metals splashing here and there, the radiant heat coming from the crucible and the smell of burning sand in the air........... I miss my days of doing prototype work for our automotive industry here in Aus and reading this has brought back a few great old memories.

Well done Don.

Danny

Guest Buicklover

Don,

As a retiree from Buick in 1996, I felt I needed a book like this. I missed out on the 1st edition, but bought the 2nd edition at one of our Buicktown Chapter meetings in 2010. When I got home that night, I could hardly stop reading it. I didn't have a chance to see & compare the 1st & 2nd editions, but the 2nd edition sure is very informative. I especially enjoyed looking at the original plant layouts printed in black, & then the forcasted plant additions printed in red. Every plant that was shown, I've done some kind of computer work in. The information in each chapter was also extremely interesting...

I think that anyone that has an opportunity to purchase your book will NOT be disappointed.

A SUPER great job done.

Sincerely,

Bill Renico

Guest donbent

Bill,

I am really glad you enjoy the maps through time that show the existing factories in black and the new buildings that year in red.

I really enjoyed going through the stacks of factory blueprints, even though it took more than two years. Many of the original ink-on-linen drawings looked virtually brand-new. It was amazing to think that many of them had been on the site in Flint for nearly 100 years. It was always exciting to see the drawings and then go out and identify the buildings themselves... and sometimes to wonder what still existed underground, including access tunnels, utility tunnels, and pipes.

It was quite laborious to document the buildings, but was an experience I am glad was done to preserve and share this history.

I am really glad you enjoy the book!

Don

• 1 month later...