Garage Invasion

60FlatTop

The last of my 1953 Jaguar project is gone. It is amazing how much room you get by selling a partially disassembled car and a whole load of extra parts.

Room for all kinds of car stuff now..... but the household deferred maintenance swept in immediately. My house was built in 1853 and there has been a long tern "restoration" of the front porch. So sticks of wood invaded the space left by the metal. Smells funny out there and the paint washes off with water......

010.jpg

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

Hi John, I saw you were online and knew you'd comment. If you look close you will see a Wildcat on the wall. That one was sent to Traugott Buick in Brockport, NY in 1961 to announce the arrival of the new 1962 Buick Wildcat model. You won't wee many of those.

Bernie

I did some porch work on this place last year. This year the building project is a block foundation under the rental house. The rental place was originally a one room school house and built in 1903. it was converted into a home in the 1940's, or 50's. The original foundation was a stone wall that has been settling for years. Yes, it is unoccupied at the moment as this project moves forward. it seems that mantainance on a home is never finished. Come to think of it, it is sort of like owning an antique vehicle. Always something needs to be done, or re-done. Dandy Dave!