PLEASE DON'T RESURRECT AN OLD THREAD

Jim65Riv

Case in point - Eric Wolf's thread from May 2010 - For Sale 65 Riv. This thread has excellent information about 65 tire sizes but someone needing this information wouldn't look at a for sale post. Start a new thread. It's easy, fun and correctly identifies the subject the thread addresses. Just my 2 cents worth.

Wow there is so much activity here it might bump something off of the first page in a week or so. Who cares if you dig up old bones. Just my 2 cents.

x2. If anything, we NEED more activity here!!!!

My point about "digging up old bones" refers to when the content has changed to a totally different subject from the title, as in the referenced thread. If I needed information on tire sizes for my 65 I wouldn't look at a car for sale thread. Just my 3 cents (due to inflation).

I'll take that $.03 and raise you a penny. (Inflation is rampant.) If the correct informatioin is not in the Title of the thread, it will go overlooked by many folks. It's also a courtesy to leave the original thread in tact for the poster so he/she can hopefully get an answer to his/her question without changing the topic. It's really simple to start a new thread. The moderator has even placed a specific tab in a very accessible place just for that purpose.

Someone looking to purchase a '65 but who has no interest in tires will probably not read that thread. Loss of a possible buyer? You bet.

Ed