65 RIVIERA NO TILT WHEEL ?

V10

I was wondering if the Tilt wheel was standard on all 65' rivieras ?

I came across a 65' for sale in original good condition and was told it did

not have a tilt wheel , the car for sale was basic with only the power seat as the only remote control option for this particular car. Could the original owner have ordered it as a "delete" option ?

Guest Rob J

I too, thought it was standard equipment in 65, but one out of my three 65's doesn't have tilt. And, it is loaded with other options, such as Power windows, remote trunk release, AC, ect. It doesn't really matter to me on this one, as it's my parts car anyway.

Tilt wheel was a new option for GM products in `63 and was optional. By `65 the tilt was a standard feature on the Riviera.

All things `63 are not all things `65. There are distinct differences between the model years. That is why I encouraged Ray to bring Jim on as a `63 advisor. When I see incorrect assumptions being made regarding these differences I try to post corrections,

Tom Mooney

My '65 was ordered "tilt delete" even though it is heavily optioned, including power vent windows, so it wasn't a matter of someone being too "cheap" to order it. Being a relatively new feature, the thought of a moving steering wheel, with the possibility of it malfunctioning, was not something everyone was excited about having. I can tell you from my experience in the car business, that "new" technology isn't always warmly received. The best fairly recent example I can think of was early ABS brakes which a LOT of people HATED the feel of and didn't trust the technology.

I do have a tilt column and steering box for a '65, if anyone is interested, I'd consider selling them.

Art Bohn

ROA#12350