Just a reminder about some parts I'm selling currently on Ebay

Guest Kitskaboodle

Guest Kitskaboodle

Hi...just a little reminder that I'm selling a few neat Reatta items on Ebay at this time. Currently I am selling a front pair of 89-90 wheel sensors, ABS Brain box, 88 hood ornament, front strut plastic sleeve & a full 88-90 hub cap set.

You can simply go to Ebay.com, click on "Advanced" (it's right next to the "Search" button) then at "By Seller" type in IJRAM123 and hit enter. :)

Thanks, Kit

Kit,

Tried bidding on the wheel sensors. I went to $135.00 for a pair. Someone wanted them more then me. Looks like I am back at the pick and pull. If I can get them out clean they are about $10.00 each. I still have back ups; 2 rear and one front. Just want one more front...

Maybe I will try Jim...

Dave,

Good luck getting them out. Last week I was at a u pull it just across the IL border from WI and there was a really clean well cared for Reatta there so I tried getting the sensors. No luck. I could turn them but couldn't get them to come out of the knuckle. From experience though, turning them does not mean they are actually turning in the knuckle. Very often the outer sensor covering stays put and the internal part of the sensor breaks loose.

Guest steveskyhawk

I have seen cars that I have been able to pull the wheel speed sensors out with my finger tips and others would have required dynamite. If they don't come out easily I walk away.

Kits is from the Bay Area. The wheel speed sensors he is selling are probably pretty nice.

Edited by steveskyhawk (see edit history)

Sorry Dave. With everything I've read, I decided I wanted spares...I don't have a critical need, assuming the one I got from Jim works (mechanic got behind on things).

I'd intended to bid on the ABS box as well...thought I had more time, but the auction was ended by the time I got back to the computer.

Guest Kitskaboodle

Jim is right.

When pulling wheel sensors the sensor cover will sometimes turn seperately from the upper black housing. This is hard to avoid. One could soak them in penetrant and let them sit overnight but the PickNPull's wouldnt be too happy with me sleeping in their yard overnight. :)

As SteveSkyHawk mentioned, because of the climate I live in + the fact that many Reatta's that die here lived only on paved, clean roads (no back-country dirt roads, salt, etc...) the outer rubber sleeving on most of the ABS wheel sensors I come across are in good shape and they're are not too bad to remove. :)

Kit

This is really a great forum.

As we read in a previous post that I lost out on the bid for Kit's two front wheel sensors. Thru the generosity of others I now have inventory to keep my two cars in the Teves brake system for years to come.

Thank you very much...