Pertronix Hook up

Black with white stripe to neg. term. on coil.

Put the ground wire under a unused screw.

bring in the wire from ign. switch to the insulated terminal on the side of the dist. and hook the ign. wire from the module to that terminal. Ground the other side of the Coil to chassis..

Remember the Dodge is 12 volt positive Ground. The pertronix module is for Positive ground vehicle only if it was ordered for the old dodge..

• 1 month later...
Guest Yellow427Cobra

Good morning,

Did you had to do any modifications to the distributor, like eliminating the advance stops?

I installed the Pertronix and it seems that I'm 1/2 a gear off when setting the timing.

I can not get it set to the point at the flywheel mark and distributor to make contact.

Thanks TK

Guest Yellow427Cobra

Thanks for the smart answer!

The Shelby Cobra has a MSD distributor and ignition, so no Pertronix would be necessary.

However, I installed the Pertronix on a 1921 Dodge Brothers Touring Car.

Thanks TK

Guest Yellow427Cobra

Folks, thanks for all the answers.

I'm using a standard resistive coil from NAPA. Works well with strong spark.

The Pertronix equipment (fell) right in place and fitted well without any modification (as experienced before with other installations).

The problem is that I do not get the rotor to line up with the first cylinder plug and the markings on the fly wheel.

When I pull the distributor out, it seems that it is about 1/2 a gear off. There is also no room to adjust this with the hand lever.

All was fine (till a wire broke and I was trying to make it better) with the old points.

The engine will run but not "round" and it does backfire at times.

What went wrong, or what did I do wrong?

Thanks TK

Guest Yellow427Cobra

Folks, thanks again

I completely misunderstood what Rick was trying to explain. I spoke with him by phone and he explained.

I did not even know that there was an adjustment below the rotor. Dave, also Thank you for your explanation.

I'm sure it will work now, we see by the weekend.

If you two ever in MN, see me and I buy you a beer!

Thanks again, TK

Guest WD Smith

Can anyone tell me if pertronix is going to be at Hershey or have someone there selling at Hershey?

I live in Canada and they want $250.00 for a unit for my 1919 DB

Wayne