? when did buick come out with the 350 motor

wildcat1562

I'm wondering if it might be good to also check the engine codes and such, just for general principles. Other than the stamp codes and casting numbers (which are pretty easy to find on the engine and cylinder head), checking the number on the distributor and/or carburetor might be good to further nail it down, but if they got a "pull out" from a salvage yard, it might not have had the carb or distributor on it, but then again it could have, so due dilligence might be in order.

In reality, though, I doubt it'd make much difference, except for authenticity or repair purposes. Not much different than a '64 Chrysler New Yorker whose original 413 was later replaced with a 440. A buyer might pay a little more for the 440 car than the original 413 car, but that would related to the particular buyer. In either case (the LeSabre or New Yorker), I suspect the replacement engine could be "dressed" to match the engine that was originally there.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

here is the thing

its at van dehye brantmeire in new holstein wi,

a buick dealer

its on the floor inside

so i looked it over, the car looks like a 65 with the portals and front bumper, but 66 with the lights and back

then i asked about it and he said the car is all original, never been touched

then i looked under the hood, they had it up already and it says 350

i said to him as well

350's came out i believe in 68

he said no

car has never been touched

we all know better when it comes to things like this, the car looks brand new

i looked under it and the color on the body underside is differnt from the looking brand new outside,

so its been touched plenty,

it is just that the guy kept on saying its all original?

i am not going to break thier bubble i suppose but i hope the next person sees what i do before they take thier word for it

thanks

Greg