Help with incidentals (parts) - 25X

Buick Downunder

Hi All

Just after some pointers on where to locate the following parts for my 1925-25X:

1. Rotor button for distributor - original type.

2. Drag link (steering balls and linkage points) - are these the same as other makes from this era???

3. Clutch bearing for distributor (s/h or new - mine is no good after 3 attempts to repair it!).

Thanks very much.

Ben,

I do have some spares for my 24 Master Six Buick.

1. I have no rotor

2. Could you post photos of the clutch bearing parts you need?

3. I have no steering parts for the 24, but I may have parts for others that you could use. Please post dimensions of what you need.

Thanks very much Mark. I'll have to send a pic of the clutch bearing the next time I take it out and anything else relevant.

I am also going to compare the steering drag link parts with Chev etc from the same era at the next big swap meet I get to. I am sure that there must be some parts sharing going on with this stuff???

Have a great day.

Ben

Thaks John -

Mark and all, Leif has been very helpful with sharing pages out of the parts manual, to help me clarify the 'clutch bearing' part that I have discussed.

For those who have a copy - the part I need is the generator clutch assembly (D17272) - particularly the cage and rolls assembly (15712) bearing - which I refer to as the 'clutch bearing' itself. This fits inside the distributor drive assembly which is the part which drives the distributor from the water pump shaft.

Thanks all

Ben