Source for '65 Rivi Gas tank

buickbonehead

I had a devil of a time with my 63. Old tanks were trash. Custom tank incredibly expensive. I finally, got a 68 Tempest reproduction tank from Quanta. Then had the old sender collar cut out of my old tank and welded onto the new tank. Also had to shorten the neck. Not easy...but it fits, the old sender registers correctly and I have a clean new tank. Let me know if you need more information. PRL

Guest WhisperBark

Have you looked into sealing your gas tank using tank sealer products? I remember watching an episode of Powerblock on Spike TV and they featured a product system that cleaned the tank and lined it with an epoxy. I believe it was from Summit Racing, but I could be wrong. Here is a link to their website: Summit Racing SUM-900056-3 - Summit Racing® Fuel Tank Liner Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com.

Hope this helps.

Guest Rob J

Check also Eastwood and POR. They both have gas tank cleaners and sealers that I have heard good things about in the restoration world.

Hey Ed. Sorry to get back to you so late. Haven't checked in all week...busy with work and travel. Anyway, the tank I used is a 17 gallon unit. Look on the Quanta products website under Pontiac Tempest...it's number GM 34A. It fits well, costs $199 but will need some modification to the sender collar and the filler neck to work. After everything I've been through with fuel contamination I just don't trust liners or old tanks anymore. I just wanted a new tank, but wasn't ready to fork over the big dollars for a custom stainless unit. Let me know if you need more. Thx PRL

• 7 months later...
Hey Ed. Sorry to get back to you so late. Haven't checked in all week...busy with work and travel. Anyway, the tank I used is a 17 gallon unit. Look on the Quanta products website under Pontiac Tempest...it's number GM 34A

Correction: accordingly to the following topic: http://forums.aaca.org/f177/65-gas-tank-repair-replacement-240580.html#post1009312 the tank was GM 34M.