1958 Wiper Vacuum Line Diagram?

Smartin

I have searched every page of the chassis and body manuals and have found NOTHING regarding the vacuum line routing on the wiper motor/washer bottle.:confused::confused::confused:

I've searched on here, and I found a 56 diagram that Roberta posted, but it is somewhat different than the 58.

I haven't owned a '58 for several years, but I seem to recall that two of the rubber vacuum lines connect to two ports down at the lower passenger side of the rear of the engine--maybe it is on the transmission. I don't think I'm dreaming this. In any event, they hook up to the ports exactly OPPOSITE from what you think they should hook up. The hose that comes down from the right side hooks up to the port on the left, and the one that comes down from the left side hooks up to the port on the right. --useless trivia in case you run into a need for it...

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

1949 Super model 59

1949 Super model 56S

1950 Roadmaster model 76R

1954 Special model 48D (3-spd.)

1959 Electra 2-dr. ht.

1962 Electra 225 4-dr. ht

1963 Wildcat conv. (4-spd)

Guest Rob McDonald

DAN, this is a gem of a diagram! My vacuum tubing system has been in boxes for 20 years and my pencilled masking tape notes to myself make no sense now. This will be very helpful, thanks.