Finally a Reatta owner, Convertible too!

Guest blue72beetle

Guest blue72beetle

Picked up a white/red 90 Convertible today. Finally my very own Reatta. Years ago my dad had a silver 88, and I drove it for a couple years.

107,000 miles, runs very well so far. It needs some work though. And I don't think it's on Barney's List, I checked the VIN.

The list so far:

-Tonneau cover won't open (help?)

-Lights won't work, headlight switch missing, parking and fog inop.

-Gas gauge has a mind of it's own

-Tape player has a tape stuck in it and won't do anything, not sure if cd player works or not.

-Rear speakers inop.

-Seat functions on side of seat inop.

-Weird shimmy between 40 and 50 mph.

But it looks cool! Body is pretty solid, original paint is fairly nice although the pinstripes are wearing off. Ran great the 140 mile trip home.

2011-05-27_15-22-41_229.jpg

2011-05-27_15-22-13_155.jpg

Guest blue72beetle

More pictures to come later, I had to stick it in the garage quick for the rain. Can't get the top up!

Incase you are not aware, the key has to be in the "on" position in order to open the tonneau using the switch in the compartment behind the drivers seat.

There is an emergency release handle in the top side of each rear storage compartment. That should at least enable you to get your top up.

Edited by NCReatta (see edit history)

Guest blue72beetle

I don't know why the switch won't work yet, but I found the manual releases.

Looks like we can add a new top to the list too.

Picked up a white/red 90 Convertible today. Finally my very own Reatta. Years ago my dad had a silver 88, and I drove it for a couple years.

107,000 miles, runs very well so far. It needs some work though. And I don't think it's on Barney's List, I checked the VIN.

The list so far:

-Tonneau cover won't open (help?)

-Lights won't work, headlight switch missing, parking and fog inop.

-Gas gauge has a mind of it's own

-Tape player has a tape stuck in it and won't do anything, not sure if cd player works or not.

-Rear speakers inop.

-Seat functions on side of seat inop.

-Weird shimmy between 40 and 50 mph.

But it looks cool! Body is pretty solid, original paint is fairly nice although the pinstripes are wearing off. Ran great the 140 mile trip home.

2011-05-27_15-22-41_229.jpg

2011-05-27_15-22-13_155.jpg

Make sure your trunk is closed and locked the tonneau switch wont work unless the trunk is locked. Just a thought

Very nice! You drove 140 miles with the top down?

The problems you listed should be pretty easy to resolve. Only pricey item would be the new top. Headlight switch might be a problem too. But a 90-93 Riviera switch will work in a pinch. You just won't have fog lights. Search the archives here and at Ronnies site for most of the rest of the solutions.

What color is the top?

Edited by wws944 (see edit history)

My guess is that it's a white top. I Recommend getting a top from Mike at BuickReattaParts.com. I purchased and had installed a grey Haartz cloth top from Mike. It's the best top out there for our Reattas if you ask me. Words cannot describe how great it looks.

Your top from mike is made to order however, and takes a little while to get there most of the time (took mine about 7 weeks), but it is well worth it.

I personally would put a burgundy cloth top on yours. I think it would look good.

Guest blue72beetle

Yes, it's a white top. The glass fell out of it. And I did drive 140 miles home with the top down, it was only around 60 degrees out :o

Here is what the headlight switch looks like. Parking light and foglight switch doesn't work either, nothing does. So here's my plea, if anyone has one to sell, name your price, I can't drive at night without working lights!

P5282840.jpg

Guest blue72beetle

Thanks to Jim, I'm getting a new headlight switch.

Some of you collectors may not think this is a big deal, but I think this is pretty cool. I was going through the owner's manual booklet that I found in the storage behind the passenger seat and found a whole lot of neat items.

The original window sticker has me the most excited. There is also a ton of warranty pages, a Buick appearal catalog, Reatta road atlas, a cool Reatta notepad, convertible top instructions, and a really cool book about the Reatta Craft Centre. Oh yeah, and the signature sheet.

No pen, or tire gauge though.

P5302850.jpg

P5302851.jpg

P5302852.jpg

P5302853.jpg

P5302855.jpg

It is great that you have all that stuff. Keep it safe. Looks like a clone of my car and the portfolio I have for it. (Though yours has a lower VIN, so actually the other way 'round.) Only difference on my window sticker is an extra $10 for shipping to an Iowa dealer, rather than Indiana. If you have a factory style CD player, it was a retrofit - as I did to my Reatta.

Looks like I am missing the ETR Music System OM. Anyone have an extra?

• 4 weeks later...