Reatta banner

Bushwack

Back in the 70s and early 80s, it was popular to see "Toyota", "Trans Am", "Camaro" (or whatever flavor of car you had) decals/banner affixed across the top portion of the front windshield.

Was this ever an aftermarket option for the Reatta and would anyone know who manufactured these decals (per GM's specifications).

I've never seen this on a Reatta. Around here (STL) this type of decal usually connotes an import (Acura Integra, Honda Civic and similar such cars) with teenager driver in backwards ball cap, a 6" chromed fart can exhaust, illegal tint, neon under-lighting kit and a stereo loud enough to break pinch welds in the body. Typically with a patrol car in tow, ready to write up any of about a dozen violations including improper HID conversions and blue or green turn signal lamps. While I am saying all of this this jokingly, the window decal seems to have been co-opted by this crowd sometime in the 90's FWIW.

In any case, if you are so inclined, a sign shop that does vinyl decal and vehicle wraps could easily make one in any color/size if you provide them the logo. Most places that do this work prefer EPS (encapsulated postscript) format as it needs to be vector based so they can enlarge it to the needed size for output to a vinyl cutter (which works like an old pen plotter for anyone who remembers those). Since GM allowed the Reatta logo trademark protection to lapse, there should be no issue doing this legally now.

KDirk

Edited by KDirk (see edit history)

Back in the 70s and early 80s, it was popular to see "Toyota", "Trans Am", "Camaro" (or whatever flavor of car you had) decals/banner affixed across the top portion of the front windshield.

Was this ever an aftermarket option for the Reatta and would anyone know who manufactured these decals (per GM's specifications).

I had Reatta across my windshield for a long time, finally got tired of it and took it off. You can see it by going to www.carnut.com click on car picks index select Buick from the list and then select 1989 I know the convertible there is a 1990 not an 89. Both the blue car and the Red convertible are mine.

Chuck

Guest Mc_Reatta

Welcome to the forum Rawja, lots of great information is available here. :D

While you were out:

There was a thread on this topic back in March:

http://forums.aaca.org/f116/reatta-logo-trademarked-299564.html

The "R" and the script versions of the trademarks for both the Reatta and Riviera were allowed to expire either by design or oversight by GM a few years ago.

Latest Status Info

I had Reatta across my windshield for a long time, finally got tired of it and took it off. You can see it by going to www.carnut.com click on car picks index select Buick from the list and then select 1989 I know the convertible there is a 1990 not an 89. Both the blue car and the Red convertible are mine.

Chuck

Looks pretty good! Where did you get it done?

wfo016.jpg

Looks pretty good! Where did you get it done?

wfo016.jpg

Marck I had is made at a local sign shop. Any sign company with a vinyl machine can make one for you. Didnt cost a lot if I remember correctly

There is a small line about 4 inches down from the top of the windshield and some states will issue a ticket if you put anything on the windshied that comes below that line. So if you have such a law make sure it will fit in the space allowed

Chuck Kerls