1960 Bonneville Color

ellagee

Pontiac experts, can you provide some information? I purchaed a 1960 Bonneville Convertible about 6 years ago. It is painted a "bright red" not the Coronado Red listed as a 1960 color. The previous owner said it was a 1959 Cadillac color. Recently a fellow approached me at a car show and said he had one back in 1962 with the same color as mine and that it was an "Executive" order/package paint color. Any truth to this? any info would be appreciated.

Pontiac experts, can you provide some information? I purchaed a 1960 Bonneville Convertible about 6 years ago. It is painted a "bright red" not the Coronado Red listed as a 1960 color. The previous owner said it was a 1959 Cadillac color. Recently a fellow approached me at a car show and said he had one back in 1962 with the same color as mine and that it was an "Executive" order/package paint color. Any truth to this? any info would be appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First 1960 Pontiac's never had a bright red, but 59 Pontiac's did and it's called Mandally Red with a paint code of DDL-70961 (Ditzler or PPG code). The 59 Cadillac has a red called Seminole red and it's paint code is the same as the 59 Pontiac (DDL-70961.

I used to own a 59 Catalina that was a special order car my dad had made up for drag racing, so it came with a Pontiac engine that was hand built in the Pontiac tool room for NASCAR, and a Bonneville Exterior color and a Tri tone leather Bonneville interior..... and a lot of other things. You may recall a couple of years ago a 59 Catalina went across the Barrett Jackson block that also had a Bonneville interior and the paint was a color not even offered on a 59 Pontiac. It came from the factory PINK! This particular was ordered by Harley Earl for his wife. Having retired from the automotive business of 40 + years with a manufacturer I can say " never say never". There is always a possibility.

Trim tag is:

Style 60-2867 Body LA14416

Trim 67 Paint C

Can you interpret this for me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Style 1960-2867 Bonneville convertible.

Body LA, Have no clue never heard of LA unless you mean BL or Linden.

Trim 67 ???

Paint C, Sheltone Ivory

• 1 year later...

Been awhile since I reposted here. There was recentlly a 1960 Bonneville on E-bay with the same color as mine. I'm thinking the 1959 Mandalay Red. The fender trim "Bonneville" and the Bonneville lettering above the rear bumper is gold colored on my car not the typical chrome as on other cars. My data plate clearly shows "Body LA" and trim 67. Paint Code C is for Shelltone Ivory but a cannot see where it may have been white previously. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated!

I can decode the data, based on the Pontiac Master Parts Catalog:

Style 60-2867

=1960 Bonneville convertible

Body LA-14416

=LA is Fisher Body in Lansing MI where all Pontiac convertible bodies were made in 1959-60 and other years. 14416 means the 14,416th model 2867 body built at this plant, of a total 17,062, meaning your car was made later in the year, probably June approx.

Trim 67

=Metallic Dark and Medium Fawn leather interior w/light fawn vinyl accent

Paint C

=Sheltone Ivory

Great car, enjoy,

Todd Crews

POCI 1957 Technical Advisor