E-bay amazes me!!!!!!!!

bb1970

The worst thing about ebay is the crap these people pawn off as excellent condition.I have been burned so many times!To add to that most of the car parts I have purchased are filthy.Pictures dont really tell you much either I have seen cars that look great in pictures and when I waste my time to go see them they are total pieces of s#@*!.and this is after lengthy phone conversations.What I see a lot with old riv parts is "driver quality"that isnt fit to grace my trash can.I am constantly amazed by the ignorance and sheer stupidity out there.BUT HEY,IM NOT BITTER.

Sorry about the rant but you hit a nerve.CAVEAT EMPTOR my friends!(buyer beware):eek:

I have just almost quit looking at parts on greedbay. Just filtering for 63-65 Riviera brings up 24+ pages of crap, 99% of Riviera owners wouldn't want in the first place. Bright yellow seat covers, red 5 point safety harnesses, and turbo parts for Jeeps. Maybe 10-12 items worth having out of 1200+. Waste of my time anymore.

Greedybay has allowed sellers a way of making everything they sell that's universal to anyone who's listing. You can pare down what you have to look through if you click on the link to "advanced search" and type the word FITS into the exclude line. That usually gets rid of 95% of the bright yellow high back seat covers and other unrelated soft parts.

Still, it ain't what it was originally.

Ed

While 'evilbay' certainly isn't what it used to be, and the quality of 'good used' parts has deteriorated, I still keep searching for that 'golden find' on a regular basis. It sure does take a lot of time 'n patience though - besides, what else are yah gonna do when your retired with computer savy ? :D

I would like to add to my earlier post as I just got home and the wheel well trim I bought on evilbay arrived.The seller described them as beautiful.As I am always sceptical,I sent the seller a note saying I was happy to pay the buy it now price and not bid and would give him great feedback if the parts were as described.The seller offers a money back guarantee,and to his credit the stainless trim is as close to perfect as one could expect of used parts!!! He took the time to package as I would and THANKFULLY did NOT send them UPS,but hey,thats another rant!

Guest Rob J

Overall in the 12 years I've been an e-bay member, I've had good experiences. You just have to be cautious, and weed through the crap.

Guest REX STALLION

I have had great success with E-bay. Swap meets are a total loss for Riv parts. I have made contact with a couple of great sellers that sent me rust free body parts over the border to Canada. Rust free parts around here are rare. Lately I have seen more and more "universal fits" on Ebay and less parts but there are still deals to be had. One has to scan daily , and what else are you going to do when it`s snowing in April?

Guest Rob J
To go along with those 2 oil filters, would you be interested in a nice piece of property about 175 miles east of Miami?

I'm in Miami, so I can help you with that property. My fee's are very reasonable.:P

HMMMM...very tempting,Ill have to get back to ya on that one as I just put in an offer on the Brooklyn bridge and I may be a couple of bucks short.I sure could use them filters though.