Remy 917A Generators

I am wondering if there is any interest in generators for the Light Six, Standard Six and probably the 6 cyl Dictators. This would be for the original Remy 917-A which has a Studebaker p/n 43684. I have a few units that I was considering to refurbish – all of which have pot metal end castings that are crumbling. Generator would be fitted with a new aluminum end casting that is machined to closely match to the original pot metal part. It would be modified to a 2-brush design with an internal electronic regulator that is attached internally to a new band. It would have the original Remy tag (in whatever shape it is in), be fitted with new rear sealed bearing, good brushes, tested and painted with a high quality black automotive enamel. Probably would run between $600-800. Seems kind of expensive, but there is a lot of work and cost in recasting, machining, cleaning, painting and electronics. If there is enough interest I would be willing to put in the time and effort.

Send me an email if you have any interest. smrdeza@power-net.net Thanks.

Scott

• 11 years later...

I have a Wagner generator from a Standard Six on my GE Dictator. It has been converted to 12 volts using the field coils from an Australian Bosch generator from the 1960s. I don't have a photo of the set up - I will have to go out the the shed and take one.

• 2 weeks later...