Suicide Knob

Thanks Keiser.

Thought it may be, but never heard then called that (around here). Come to think of it, dont remember them called anything special at all. Assumed that may be what it was. Remember them well from the days before bucket seats prevented you from getting that close to female pasengers (Just!!)

John

John, back in the day, didn't you call 'em a "Necker's Knob"? In some states these are illegal except for use by disabled individuals (e.g., someone with only one hand or suffering from MD).

Most definitely! Oh...don't ever install one of these things on a Dodge A100. The geometry of the steering wheel is such that you may break your wrist....I speak (and learned) from experience.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

There is one on Australian ebay listed as "Steering Wheel Spinner ". I live in a small country town and never thought they would be much use to me because most of my driving did not require a lot of wheel turning! Cab drivers seemed to have them in the cities as well as some of the lads for the previous mentioned reasons, but I dont recall anyone calling them anything. Maybe in areas where they were more comon they may have had an Australian equivalent to "Suicide Knob" or whatever, but I had not heard it. Thanks for the american translations.

John