unknown chassis

Guest oldnintyseven

Guest oldnintyseven

I recently bought a rolling chassis I was told that it was a 31 dodge. both front springs are broken and I need to be sure of the year or figure out where I can find springs. I attached a photo of the frame. Any help Identifying this frame will be greatly appreciated.

post-74281-143138481412_thumb.jpg

Looks like a 29/30 Dodge as well but better pict. would be needed, might be the angle of the pict. but it looks like maybe at least the right ( passenger side ) rail is over maybe 10 inhes? Maybe accident related or maybe I am just seeing things. Yes what are you going to do with it?

Might be the same dildo :mad: that has this listing ebay item # 110635770240...........Up for negotiation is used ALL Steel set of front fenders, Skirts, Running Boards, Rear Fenders, All the original brackets that were attatched to the frame. Fuel Tank (fixable dents) and body Skirt. The steel frame section above the tank area(if wanted) All from a 1930 Dodge DD6 Business coupe. This car was restored once or so and was driven alot afterwards, The parts are painted and do have dings and dents they do have some minor rust in spots and I do NOT consider them rotted. They are in very restorable condition in my opinion. There has been welding in spots you can see they have had the typical fender issues that these go through. IF YOU NEED BIGGER PCS THEN SEND ME YOUR EMAIL SO YOU CAN SEE IN BETTER DETAIL THIS IS PART OF THE DESCRIPTION I WANT YOU TO BE SATISFIED WITH WHAT YOU ARE GETTING! THANK YOU! They may or may not interchange with other Budd Body vehicles such as Chevy or Plymouth I think are also Budds. These are NOT highly reproduced model A Parts and they do not come available often. Thank you for your considerations LETS DEAL!

Your welcome to make a serious offer and or neogotiate if you want the drivetrain aswell ?????? I will NOT seperate fenders All or nothing!

I sent him an offer for 50 bucks :eek: ( aint I a stinker ! ) he counteroffered with this.........If you dont like the price then move on! I wont give real breaks for people that want to be asses. I was willing to go way way down but I sure wont with you. You just screwed yourself out of that chance!.........Sooooo I sent him a counteroffer for 51 bucks :D

Sounds like he had a real nice car to start with :(

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

I dont think anyone chastised him, keywords like might be were used on original post. Hopefully we will find out and maybe if it is him discover what on earth he was thinking.

Go getim Bob!

Looks like a 29/30 Dodge as well but better pict. would be needed, might be the angle of the pict. but it looks like maybe at least the right ( passenger side ) rail is over maybe 10 inhes? Maybe accident related or maybe I am just seeing things. Yes what are you going to do with it?

Yes...the frame turns in quite a bit at the front.....

post-37352-143138481774_thumb.jpg

DA-6 does have the crossmember by the front seat full of holes, I cannot see the pict. well enough on my crappy monitor to see alot or maybe its just a crappy picture as David pointed out. DA-6 also has the crossmember that I think I see in the rear with same holes. ........I just looked and it appears DA holes are more oblong so not that

Thanks for the pics of the DH frame, it is interesting to see how much they beefed up the frames in such a short time with extra supports in the center portion

Hey John, I have never seen a DB with a transverse mounted engine- do you have FWD also?

Yes, Joe...it's an experimental 1931 DB DHX6 chassis. The project was abandoned because they had not come up with a 90 degree driveshaft to hook up to the 'X' engine and turn the rear wheels....

I did download the picture and enlarged it and adjusted it the best I could. I then was checked what pictures I had that showed the frame of my DG and it does look like the frame in question could be a DG, but then again it could be a DH looking at Keiser's pictures. You can tell the wheels in the picture appear to be wood wheels looking at the shadows cast through the wheels on the front, but that doesn't make it a DG or DH. I do though think its Dodge for sure.

This is the enlarged version of the picture:

post-59683-143138482856_thumb.jpg

Scott...

The only way I can determine the difference between the DH6 and DG8 frame is the connection at the front bumper. The DH6 frame has one bolt on each frame horn for the bumper mounting...the DG8, I believe, has two on each frame horn. Maybe Scott can provide a closeup of his frame horn?? My book says that the DH6 had a wheelbase of 114" and the DG8 had a wheelbase of 118 1/4". Here is the DH6 frame horn with and without fender and bumper.

post-37352-143138482876_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138482885_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Thanks for the info its a 31 for sure where can I find front springs?

I had a front main spring that was broken on my '31 and I took the assembly to Detroit Spring and Brake. They made a new main leaf to exact specs. Any spring shop worth it's salt should be able to make one.

The DH6 frame has one bolt on each frame horn for the bumper mounting...the DG8, I believe, has two on each frame horn.

Keiser, you are correct, the frame horns on the DG has two bolts that hold the bumper in place. This is the best picture I had around that shows the horns.

If you zoom in a little you'll see the two bolt holes in the end of the horns. Scott...

post-59683-143138483265_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Scott! The only think that remains to be seen is to whether it is a 1931 DH6 frame or a 1932 DL6 frame. There should be a serial number on the passenger side of the frame over the rear mount on the front spring or over the front mount of the driver's side rear spring. You will have to wire brush it to see it, probably. One way to tell between 1930, 1931 and 1932 are the wheels (if wood spoke). Here are the 1930 DD6, 1931 DH6 and 1932 DL6 wood spoke wheels, respectively. Typically, the 1930 and '32 wheels have 12 spokes and the '31 has 10 spokes.

post-37352-143138483307_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138483309_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138483311_thumb.jpg

Guest oldnintyseven

I am located in the upstate SC and yes the frame horns have only one bolt hole for the fender and she has wire wheels.

I am located in the upstate SC and yes the frame horns have only one bolt hole for the fender and she has wire wheels.

Sorry about droning on about wood spokes...didn't realize you had wire wheels. Do they look like this 19" item with no separate outer ring?

post-37352-143138483431_thumb.jpg