Comment:

jonlabree

Jon,

for some of us, high school ended a long time ago, along with it's juvenile schoolyard taunts.

perhaps you can elaborate about "S----------K". shall we sit in suspense, or should we somehow question the fact that you're making accusations without having the nerve to just come out and be honest?

-what has this person done to incur the moderator's wrath?

-have you even read what qualifies for deletion by the moderator?

-should the rules be specially modified for posters you don't personally like?

-are none us of here allowed to question our "resident experts"?

-did our "resident experts" work at the Reatta Craft Centre, or is much of the information they have provided mere speculation?

-is their speculation somehow better than anyone else's?

-do you feel any questioning of the validity or accuracy of the "database" is wrong?

-do you see the remotest of possibilities that second, third, or fourth hand information with regard to a correct VIN number (with the possibility seventeen different mistakes could be made) could somehow taint the accuracy of the "database"?

-if you were in an accident or your car was stolen, will the police "take your word" about the VIN number, or will they personally check it themselves?

-have you ever worked for an automobile manufacturer on any level?

-are you familiar with how the Reatta Craft Centre worked, and how it's flexible production system intentionally allowed for specially built vehicles?

-have you ever owned or seen one of these "off standard" Reattas that you seemingly question the mere existence of?

-do you have any concrete basis to support your questioning of what someone else is suggesting, or is it merely the fact you don't personally care for someone?

-how many of the folks who worked at the Craft Centre, from plant and program managers, chief engineer, and all the way to the folks that worked at the actual assembly stations, do you personally know?

-how much information, either verbal or printed, have they personally shared with you?

-how many Reattas have you personally seen?

-how many Reattas have you taken apart to the point the balance of the car would fit into a few boxes?

as of today, I've had over 600 Reattas that are either here in our warehouse, or have been here in the last nine years and have now gone off to Reatta heaven when they were depleted.

I'd like to think I've gleaned just a little experience and knowledge from all of those cars that have been here. for many who know me well, I'm always glad to share all the information and experience I've learned on how to take things apart, as well as troubleshooting tips.

of course, I'm small change compared to all of the wonderful people who share their own experiences with their own Reattas. perhaps this is what makes this the most visited site (by far) of all the AACA forums.

I've been a forum member for almost nine years, although I don't make it a habit to post for the sake of posting. I'll leave the posting of one liner zingers (complete with smiley faces), and the breathless posting of Chili's $50 gift cards and a sale on cheap Chinese-produced tools at Harbor Freight to others.

there have been many "written in stone" 'facts' that were believed by our "resident experts" that have proven to not be true.

...and that IS a fact, whether you like it or not.

Mike Rukavina

buickreattaparts.com

Edited by reattadudes (see edit history)

Guest Kingsley

Mike - I consider your last post as being improper. It is well known that you and Steve have a very close working relationship but Steve can well speak for himself so why the long diatribe from you?

Every one is aware of your successful record as recanted in your recent dialog on convertible tops and you would appear to come across as being pure as the driven snow. However, you and I both know that is not the case - a fellow in glass houses should not throw stones.

The entire staff of the Reatta Division Club devotes a tremendous amount of donated personal time and effort in accomplishing the responsibilities of their respective offices. They should not be subject of your or Steve's ridicule

This is a well intended thread, spoken truthfully and I trust that it will not be deleted.

Guest re-reatta

So anyway, the weather here in PA is starting to look like spring. Guess it's time to think about getting the '90 out and giving her a good spring cleaning and maybe a new spring coat of paint.

(Did it work ????? Has the original subject of this post been forgotten ????)

MIKE;

My comments STAND.

A Least I had the B--lls to express self. Everyone else is seeminly afraid to say anything, BUT, I have recieved sevaral comments from others that agree with me.

I think you should find some one else to "PREACH" to.

And by the way, thanks for repling to my request a while ago. Must be too busy "PREACHING"

Guest Double M

Must be Wiffle Balls. The original post mentioned nobody or a problem...

"Why don't the moderators have a talk with that guy??????????????????"

Yeah that was brave. A non discript complaint about a non discript person, you can even spell out his name, but I can spell out yours Jon...

DRAMA QUEEN SUPREME.

What a performance! What Bravado! What Balls! What a joke! and with all that bravery we still dont know what you are talking about... or care...

Of all the forums on this site, THIS is the only one that suffers from these school kid antics, nasty emails, self proclaimed experts, whose only claim to being an expert is either having a website or the ability to post on a forum. Real Experts work hard to solve problems, and I for one am thankfull for the omes we have hear, Librarians collect & dispence information and Drama Queens cause Drama. We now now which catagry you fit in. I already knew...

Jon I didn't comment because what would be solved? Let Steve and Mike be what they are, and DoubleM say what he wants. I have read your posts for 4 years now and I know that you don't need any of what the aforementioned guys have to offer, so just ignore them.

If Barney is smart enough to not take the bait, my advice to you is to do the same.

Although when I was down in Downers Grove last week [near Chicago] I was sure that I saw a '91 Polo Green vert with white interior driving around. It had a for sale sign on it for $3500.00.

Couldn't get the phone # though...