Estimating Value of old Dodge Trucks

Guest oldlute

Guest oldlute

We have a 1948 Dodge PU Truck from my Dad's estate. We wish to know if anyone has a suggestion on determining its value for sale? Any on-line resources? The truck was used in my Dad's business many years ago and I learned to drive in it since we didn't have a car then. It has been sitting out in the weather for years (Western Washington) and is missing the engine and transmission plus the wood bed is basically gone. There has also been some vandelism to the guages. We realize it probably isn't worth much but hate to see it go to wrecking yard.

Old Cars Value Guide, available at most magazine stores, has a section on old trucks. What you describe is a parts truck. Value as such would be not much more than scrap value but I agree, it should not go for scrap if someone can use it. Try advertising locally on Craigslist and Kijiji.

Guest Richie09

Hi, been looking at the 1930s and 1940s Dodge and Plymouth trucks for some time now and would suggest this...do an ebay search for that era, say use 1948-50 dodge truck. Check it every 7 days, that way you will be able to compare what you know the condition of yours is to others and what they are going for. The wood for the bed, guages, drive trains are easy to comeby, and reasonable.

If you are to find someone wanting to restore on, this site is probably the best. Take some pictures showing all the straight sheet metal, the floor, the frame can be described after you have a good look but pictures are best. If it is setting on the ground, jack it up, blocks, as to let air passes under. If it can be left where it is for a while that would be great untill you find that someone. Richie

Guest oldlute

Thank you all for your prompt responses! I will probably try all the suggestions since we also have a 1960 Chevrolet 1 ton stake bed truck that we will try to sell, but at least it ran when it was parked.

• 2 weeks later...

The link below will take you to the best forum on the net covering your vintage of (Pilot House)Dodge truck. Lots of knowledgeable guys there. Give them a try.

Pilot-House.com Forum - www.P15-D24.com

If I was closer I'd probably pay a few hundred for it even though I already have a few parts trucks of that era.

If you'd like.....send me some photos and I'll post them for you on that site.

regoevans@sbcglobal.net

Here's a photo of mine.

DSCF0018.jpg