Hupmobile F 222 8 cyl Year 1932

Guest Hanseugen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hanseugen

Hi bjr, thanks for the reply on my request for transmission of Hupp F222 year 1932.

Your statement is correct. There is a freewheeler attached at the end of the gear box.But that is ok. I do need gog replacements. Can you help ?

Guest Hanseugen

Hi bjr, thanks for the reply on my request for transmission of Hupp F222 year 1932.

Your statement is correct. There is a freewheeler attached at the end of the gear box.But that is ok. I do need cog replacements. Can you help ? Yours hanseugen

Hanseugen Hupp used Warner trans mission in most of the 1930 to 1941. Look on the case and you will find a letter T followed by 2 numbers like T-85. You can use the gears from a 1931-32 Model L or H as they are both 8-cyl cars. They have to have the same T- number as the 1 on your case. If you do not belong to the Hupmobile Club that is a good place to start to find the part you need. We have tech advisors and a parts locator news letter. I may have the part you need ,but will not have access to them until April 15th. Huppingly Yours Chuck

Guest Hanseugen

Thank you dear Chuck, great to receive a response over the atlantic.Very useful info. No there is no Hupp Club in the UK or Germany ( I live in both countries ).. I would be so grateful for any address within the Club or any possible supplier. Thank you again so far, yours very truly Hanseugen

Guest Hanseugen

Hi Chuck again, sorry for keeping you busy. Yes there is the appropiate number on the gear case.

It is T 81 - 1 WG CO Hope this info will bring some more light. Preferably I would like to replace the whole gear box. If not the damaged cog might do. How can I publish my request within the Hupp resources without beeing a member, as I live in Germany

One of the best places to find Hupmobile information and parts is in the "Parts Locator" and "The Hupp Herald" newsletters. There is no charge to advertise in the "Parts Locator". The Hupmobile Clup also has a membership roster including 4 people in Germany, 8 in England, plus other European countries.. Go to the following web page and click on Membership. Be sure to give them your email address to receive the "Parts Locator" quicker. You will find the $35.00 US club membership is a good investment.

Car Clubs at Hemmings Motor News

• 1 year later...

Hanseugen did you ever find a transmission for your Hupp? A friend of mine here in the UK has a transmission that has the casing marked W G Co and then T81-1 I assume this is the transmission that you are after. He thought it was an overdrive gearbox when he bought it but I was chatting to him today and told him it was similar to the freewheel box on my 1932 F32 Oldsmobile, upon looking it up on google I found this discussion.

He is looking to sell the transmission and as I see you are sometimes here in the UK it maybe easy for you to come by and take a look.

My friend is Colin Rogers (a big American can expert here in the UK) and he lives near Bristol. If interested let me know and I will pass on your phone number etc to him, just send them to me. I will also send you this message in an email in case you don't look on here regular.

Regards

Wayne Smith