DB Name Badge

Guest MidTNDawg

Guest MidTNDawg

Ron, perhaps. From ham radio days I am considering xyl of MidTNDawg. But yes, I think she will have to be ID'd as related to MidTNDawg. Thanks for asking. Doug

Guest Backyardmechanic

Doug,

Nice name tag I like it.

But I hate to point out that the Dodge Brothers Club emblem is like this and I think I read some time ago that it was Copyright. Mayb. pres.Joe can correct me if not true.

Vern

Guest MidTNDawg

Vern, thanks. I had asked for input as to the Dodge Bros. Logo. If this is the DBC logo, I really have no interest in using it unless the club has an interest. I preter the mfg's logo. Doug

Well, copyright notwithstanding, there's no question that the name "Dodge" is a registered trademark of what is left of the Chrysler Corp. They even own the name "Willys" by virtue of the AMC-Jeep acquisition from Renault and they license that name to current reproduction suppliers (mats, badges, manuals, and such). It wouldn't even surprise me a bit if Chrysler has renewed the six-pointed star trademark over the years. But I don't know about that.

Guest MidTNDawg
Its easier to ask forgivness than permission.

You are correct. It may be a sad thing, but you are right. Over the past 25+ years I must have used 100's of registered logos in a for profit business. Only a few times did I even get an inquiry. Never was I told to "cease an desist". More than once the org. had me begin doing the co. name badges. One of those cos. was BMW of N. America. I did their's until we retired the business. Doug

There is always people looking for trouble and to stir things so that other people have a hard time, I say make your badges and screw what anyone thinks, oh by the way dont forget mine. :D

These kinds of sites always amaze me for the quick and vitriolic responses they spawn.

I was merely pointing out that huge, mega-corporations like Chrysler tend to jealously guard their trademarks. Whether they would actually do anything or not is an open question. There is good reason for this. You might want to read the history of the word "cola" and also explore what happened to the word "aspirin" which at one time was actually a brand name.

I wasn't trying to "stir things" up or rain on someone's parade. I was merely answering a question that was posted.

I'm also pretty sure I am the only one who has posted here that actually took three credit hours of trademarks, patents and copyrights in law school.

Steve noone pointed any fingers at you and sorry if you misunderstood, I was only having some fun with Midtndawg and to try and make a point that if everyone did as everyone said we all oughta do that it would be a pretty gray world.

The guy is having some fun and trying to get into the spirit of his new car and I dont think there was any reason in the first place for anyone to suddenly become the copywrite police, that is all.

Guest Backyardmechanic

Well Thank You 1930.If these badges are for his personal use and to give out as free bsss.

then there's nothing to worry about. but if one intence to sale them for a profitt or even to meet exspences then it is a different story.On the Dodge Brothers name I belive Chysler co. drop the full name in or around 1938 give take a year or so.

I'd print souvenir copy on the back

Vern Barker From ROMAR

Guest MidTNDawg
So, you have to pass em out to all of us to shut us up !

(souvenier copy of coarse)

LOL! I don't think so. If there is really an interest by even a few others, there is another avenue I will pursue. Doug

I must have missed the part where it was ever mentioned that they would be sold. All I read was that a guy wanted to make a name badge for himself and his wife.

Guest MidTNDawg
I must have missed the part where it was ever mentioned that they would be sold. All I read was that a guy wanted to make a name badge for himself and his wife.

Json, you have missed nothing! I stated somewhere we retired the business. I did not / do not have intentions of selling. But there can be a plan which does not include me. But neither is that MY plan now. Doug