35 Hudson

JACK M

It looks as though I am going to be swaping into this 4 door sedan. It has 4 suicide doors and has part of an 8 cylinder engine. It has a small hump back trunk that is part of the body.

Interesting front door window mechanisms, You Hudson guys will no doubt know what I am refering to.

The seats are there as well as the inside window garnish ect.

It has mechnical brakes, straight axel, and what looks like an electric shifting mechanism.

If there would be any interest in this car I would be inclined to sell it outright.

It is in kind of a dark garage so I could not get real good looks at it, but it is a very nice art deco style body with very little rust and very few dents. I am told that it has been inside for 40 years or so and from the dust I would not dispute this. I dont think that all 40 years was in the same place as you can tell from the pics.

It looks like it was partly dissassembled and then all of the parts put inside then put into storage.

I dont have it yet, but if there is an interest in it I will go get it. The current owner wants what I have and wants to do this trade.

If no one wants it then I expect it will get upgraded suspension and a Hemi. Then there will be original parts for sale.

Located in NW Oregon.

JACK

503-538-8645

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you'd be interested, I could give you information on how to list this car in the Hudson club's magazine, at no cost. That would be a great place to reach a large number of Hudson enthusiasts. The next issue comes out in two months (latest issue was just published). You can reach me at Xdetailed@verizon.net -- drop the "X" before sending.

• 2 weeks later...

If the front axle is original to the car and was not replaced due to accident damage or whatever in the last 75 years (!) then it will have the VIN stamped on the front face of the axle outside of the spring mounting. The VIN will also be stamped into the outside of the frame above the rear of the right front spring mounting. Of course both of these areas could be rusty so expect to agressively use a wire brush and or steel wool. If you see any number at all but are afraid to go further, then let law enforcement use their acid process to draw the rest of the number stamping out of the frame, rather than loose it. Law calls these locations the "confidential number". Of course if you have the original cowl tag that says "Car No._________", that is how Hudson labeled their VIN.

NICE FIND with radio, single sidemount (complete w/ cover), front bumper guards and Electric Hand shifter (they rarely worked!).

Thanks StillOutThere for that info. The cowl tag is gone. There is a state of Washington assigned number on a piece of wood (I dont know where that belongs). But If I was going to try to title the car as lost title or abandoned I would want to use the original number and make my own tag. The car is put away in my warehouse right now and it would be dificult to get to those locations to look. I will pull it out and look when the weather gets better. But for now I am offering it with no title. I am sure that this car has been off the road for 30 or more years so I doubt that the Wash number would do any good anyway.

• 3 months later...

You can not make your own serial number tag. That is against federal law. Your state can create a tag for you upon your application. This is not a simple process. They write laws to catch any criminal nine ways to Sunday; those laws make it virtually impossible for the honest guy to get anything done legally.

• 5 months later...
Guest dterry-2011

if you guys part this car out let me know. I have a 1935 terraplane pick up i am trying to put together. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest BobHunt

Hello,

If this car is still for sale, I just might be interested. I have just received my 50 year pin from the Hudson club, (yes 50 year, ha!), and would like to restore this one. Please don't parts it out. Any chance on a call? 770/354-9910 Bob