TC in the yard...

Guest vipernbox

Guest vipernbox

I think i am going to head back to the yard where I found all the 16v TC parts I recently scored...

Anybody need anything from this one?

Headed out mid day tomorrow..

The doors are there still and complete... pretty nice also...

Sad.. I know.. :mad:

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDktMjAxMTAxMTQtMDkyOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDgtMjAxMTAxMTQtMDkyOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTEtMjAxMTAxMTQtMDkzMC5qcGc.jpg

Guest 04geezer

I could use the right hand headlight assy. If it is still available please advise of price.

thank you

Vern Roberts

661-916-5647 or e-mail

Guest vipernbox

The only thing I didn't figure out was the wear on the steering wheel, drivers seat, armrest and the dirty shifter knob... They all look like a 150K car... But EVERYTHING else on the car screams and smells brand frign new... and really looks like the 22K... Who knows what the guy had on him to wear that stuff out so fast... because seriously... the rest of the car was almost perfect...

Apparently it wouldn't start... ( I am guessing fuel pump.. ) when it was brought to the yard.. and against the advice of some of the help... the manager just tossed the car out on the lot... where the low lifes and idiots trashed the interior looking for loose change.....

unbelievable...

But at least that low mileage drive train found a good home.. ;):D:D:D

Edited by vipernbox (see edit history)

Some things in life just don't add up. I often find myself saying WTF?????????????????

A prime example of WTF-ness was a few years ago when there was a 3" deep flood at the Volkswagon dealership near where I lived, and EVERY new VW went to the salvage yard. They still had the stickers on the windows and plastic on the seats, they had between 8 and 50 miles on them.....

Guest vipernbox

ZC2FR1100KB204108

If anyone has a car fax... but yeah.. (and it really looks it. other than the stuff the driver would have touched..)

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDctMjAxMTAxMTQtMDkyOS5qcGc.jpg

Guest vipernbox

Oh... and it had a FANTASTIC.... well almost might as well call it a NOS soft top... That is if you know anybody looking for one....

:)

89 car, looks like royal cabernet and burgandy and black top. doesnt surprise me they junked it

Why? Because it was an '89, or the color combo, or the engine/trans combo? Without some kind of reason attached to your statement in the post it comes off as casually hateful of TCs. You may not have meant it that way but people new to TCs may think that you are stating that low mile TCs should be junked when they have problems.:eek::mad:

Edited by ghostymosty (see edit history)

Well before viper grabbed the engine/trans/tops and misc., it looked like a pretty complete car. The seat is right there on the ground, all the other parts are bolt on stuff. I've had both of mine in more pieces than this, this is cake. If it were closer to my house, I'd grab it....

Guest vipernbox

once it is on that lot... It is just a matter of time before it gets crushed... when they hit the lot the titles have already been handed over to the state and the yard has an obligation to make sure the car goes away...

And yeah... the guys at the yard said it was a complete very nice car... It just wouldn't start.... Good grief...

Heck though... They don't care... Not that most would care around this forum.. but about 4 months ago the yard down the road from this one did the same thing to a GLH turbo Omni.. (thankfully not a GLHS) It was a running, very clean, rust free car... They guys said they 'played' with it around the lot.. and it ran great.. Surprised them all how fast it was... and they smashed it...

It is stupid..

Oh well.. at least this one worked out GREAT for me... this time....

Yards dont keep anything in them and they cant be bothered to part them out in such a way to make themself any money either. I parted 3 of them. 2- 89 auto cars and 1- 90 16V car. I made at least 1500$ in parts on each of them over what i paid for them and that was probably only about 50% of the car on each. Anything over 10years old gets crushed pretty quick unless u have a large pick and pull that the area its in is of a lower income and the population there drives older cars and the yard can make money by keeping them out there longer.

In the last year I've found:

1991 TC that a dealership dumped (cash for clunkers) at a U-pull-it that was in super nice condition.

1991 Lebaron Convertible T1 5 speed,leather,alarm,lumbar,leather wheel,leather shift knob,slave CD player,leather seats,gauge cluster /turbo boost gauge and an overhead console.... all in mint condition.

Next to the Lebaron was a 87 Daytona T2,5 speed all intact.

Of course by the time I was finished they all were gutted and none of them had snow in them.

Edited by marty14 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...