Bought a 73 Riviera - need parts sources

chuckfmtexas

Well it has been a while since I have visited the forum and posted but I will be here more often as I just sold my 65 Riviera GS and purchased a 73 Riviera driver. I will need advice and sources for parts, especially the interior. Car was in California all its life and the heat and sun have dried out the plastic parts including the dash that is split.

I have been doing internet research and have run across 4-5 sites that specialize in Buick parts so I am make a list of what I need and will get busy locating the parts.

Right now it is a 20 footer but hope to improve on that. Any and all advice welcome. My 32 67S sits in the heated garage awaiting better weather to show up here in Texas.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>75085d1294895005t-please-introduce-yourself-73-riv-4.jpg 75086d1294895037t-please-introduce-yourself-73-riv-10.jpg 75087d1294895037t-please-introduce-yourself-73-riv-1.jpg 75088d1294895066t-please-introduce-yourself-73-riv-16.jpg 75089d1294895412t-please-introduce-yourself-dscn7535-copy.jpg

</FIELDSET>

Chuck,

Congratulations on your purchase. Thats is one sharp looking car.

As you probably already know there isn't a lot of reproduction parts that can be ordered out of a catalog for your car.

The Riviera Owners Association has been my single best source of parts over the years. http://www.rivowners.org/

I do find parts on craigslist, ebay and other internet outlets but the best buys on parts for me have come from ROA advertisers and connections I made to unadvertised parts sources from networking as a member within the ROA.

Good Luck with your new car.

When we were at the BCA National Meet in Flint in '88 (?), we were in a hospitality room and there were some guys who worked on the assembly line for those cars, when the Boat Tails were introduced. One noted that it took them "two weeks to get it out of the Body Shop", as they determined the best way to get all of the pieces which made the upper rear corner of the quarter panel all fit together "right" and get them that way consistently. Obviously, they got it figured out pretty well!

Those Riviera Boat Tails are some of the best looking Buicks ever built, from my vantage point. Great color and interior color combinations on your car, too! Congrats on such a great find!

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Thanks guys, I am a member of the ROA and I have found the site to be valuable in my search over the past few days. Turns out there are at least 3 Buick used parts yards in the country and one that specializes in NOS parts. I have contacted them all and I need to develop a list of parts I need and let them check stock.

Turns out there is an obsolete Buick parts yard in Rockwall, TX, 65 miles from me so I will wander over there with the car and see what I can find that looks better than what is on the car.

Chuck

Guest 75RivGS

Love those Boattails... with a slight preference towards a 73 (..biased :))

In 71 - 72 dash pads are unique to the Riviera, but for 73 the dash pad is interchangable with other full size Buicks.

Guest Double M

Love the Boattail. My Uncle had one back in 73 and he blew the motor in 1 week, driving it down to FLA. Regerdless of that It is a memory burned into my brain and I hope to one day have one as nice as yours to go along with my Reatta!