Not DB related, but

Model Engineers—Louis Chenot I know several of you guys will appreciate the work involved. Take a look at the small pics of sub assemblies and click on them to expand the pics. I've met and talked to Mr. Chenot, he and the car will be in York, PA. for Cabin Fever Expo next Sat. If you want to waste a few hours snoop around the craftsmanship site, there's lots of talent shown.

Guest smessing

Hello dodge fans, I have recently acquired a 1.5 ton dually panel wagon I believe it to be from 41 or 42. It is my intention to restore it back . It was a fire assist truck to start. Would the factory have made this with a complete surround running board, under mount hose reel off back and ac power in cab or was that an after market company. Looking for various replacement panels and parts. Where is a reputable location to acquire these. Also looking ot talk to someone else who has such a beast as this. thanks Steve

Hello dodge fans, I have recently acquired a 1.5 ton dually panel wagon I believe it to be from 41 or 42. It is my intention to restore it back . It was a fire assist truck to start. Would the factory have made this with a complete surround running board, under mount hose reel off back and ac power in cab or was that an after market company. Looking for various replacement panels and parts. Where is a reputable location to acquire these. Also looking ot talk to someone else who has such a beast as this. thanks Steve

You might post this as a new post on the Dodge truck forum...one more forum down from this one, for better results. Sounds like a cool truck. There are also "fire apparatus" sites to check with.

Guest smessing

Is it a one ton or heavier Is it restored Pics would be great. I'll show my panel .It starts and runs It was a fire truck so miles show 23400 could be right but who knows .

post-72761-14313839807_thumb.jpg

Excellant photography, very accurate in scale. With a little trash on the streets I doubt you could tell it from real. Joe, I've not been to his shop. Mr. Chenot has been to Cabin Fever twice before with this car. Once when it was a rolling chassis and last year when it was in primer. The craftsmanship museum site gives an award every year to the best model builder. Because of his skill and ability they had to create a new award of the decade, to be presented next Sat. in York. Another very skilled modelist is George Luhr, think his site is minimodelengines.com . He builds a 5/16 inch bore 1/4 stroke single cylinder FOUR cycle engine that runs on gasoline. Another fav is Gerald Wingrove from England, I think his site is his name. He builds cars that also look like they could drive, casts his own suspension parts, leather seats, etc. Mr. Wingrove's wife does some amazing miniture pottery and carves through the side to make it look like a basket made of grape vines. He posted once in AACA section with a link to his site. Some maroon thought it was a good thread to look for a plastic 1/25 plastic musclecar kit he wanted. Last time I saw Mr. Wingrove post.