Parts value

Thriller

Hello everyone. I'm in the process of buying an '88 coupe. The seller has some spare parts that would be a separate deal from the car. I want to give the seller a fair deal, so I was hoping you could ball park values of the following for me:

Sun roof motor

Front signal assembly

Bumper guard

Dash plastic bezels

There are a few other odds and ends but these were the most significant pieces. I have very little idea on value of these since I haven't dealt with Reatta parts before.

Thanks.

Sun roof motor- i'm no professional on these, but I would guess abut $80

Front signal assembly- Depends on how nice it is. If the chrome's nice, and the lens is clear, maybe 125-150. but if the chrome is lacking in shiny-ness, or the lens is yellow and cloudy, maybe more like $60. Mid range about $80 or $90.

Bumper guard- I'm assuming this is the front, and that it's the entire bumper assembly. If it matches the car you're buying, It's worth about $250 in my book. if it doesn't (in which case, you'd have to get it re-pained to use it), I'd put about $175 on it.

Dash plastic bezels- These are pretty easy to come by, and are the same in the 86-89 Rivieras. Probably about $35 for the set.

Just my ball park guessed here. Hope it helps.

I have several sun roof motors and have never had a request for one. That should tell you what it is worth.

Parking light $ 25-75 depending on clear lens, nice chrome, amber globe.

Bumper guard $ 10

I have stacks of dash panel trim pieces. How many do you want at $ 1 each. In reality, $ 5 each to cover my time in case someone reading this actually wants one.

Edited by Jim (see edit history)

Thanks guys. The brother in law bought the car from the original owner, then went to hubby, then she got the car. So, I'm the fifth owner, but 3rd family. The brother-in-law collected parts when he came across them, so I don't think it would have been a wrecking yard. Some of the odds and ends are in original boxes.

So, for the pieces noted, I can start from a low of around a hundred, to a high of 2-3 times that, then considering in the extras. The seller will have no more use for these, but I'd prefer to be fair and reasonable with her.

Thanks again.

White with blue leather, 212,000 km (a bit over 130,000 miles), sun roof, $2000. There is a transmission issue, in that it rolls in park. I don't think that's a big issue. Receipts for work are available. It is just outside the city, so transport cost is effectively nil.

post-32068-143138379527_thumb.jpg

post-32068-14313837953_thumb.jpg

post-32068-143138379534_thumb.jpg

post-32068-143138379538_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to dredge this back up, but I got an inventory after suggesting $200 for the lot (and acknowledging I didn't have a good inventory as there were a number of smaller items) and being turned down.

- Brand new ABS computer in the box

- 1 motor for power roof - used

- 1 motor for headlights - used

- Brand new O2 sensor

- Turn signal assembly

- Rubber trim ring for front bumper

- Interior components - some are new and in wrapper, others used.

We've previously discussed the value of most of these and decided they aren't that significant. New to me is the ABS computer, which they claim has a value of about a grand.

Thoughts?

Thanks.