new engine valves

stutzl6

I think he still has the Weymann. He had that picture board of it at Hershey. It looks just like a standard 5 passanger sedan, except its covered in leather instead of metal. I think the valves just got done, they weren't ready at Hershey yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Phil Ellis

Aussie Stutz owner

has anyone had problems with the inlet manifold by passing thru the exhaust intake on the inlet manifold is this a common problem with the stutz engine I would welcome comments or suggestions to eleviate the problem

Phil

Guest Phil Ellis

Stutz16

my manifold is a one piece version with an outlet from the exhaust section over to the exhaust manifold on the opposite side of the engine this outlet can be adjusted by pulling a cable simmiliar to the choke on the dash board

do you make the manifold complete or just the bottom section

phil

Guest Phil Ellis

Stutz16

tried your mobile can't get thru

I'm in Perth Australia

Manifold is as it looks in the Stutz BB handbook ( one piece)

it looks the same as the AA manifold except it doesn't have the bolted section on the base of the manifold where the carby bolts on

phil 1926 manifold is square and 1927-28 are two pc. 1929 is one pc .could also be . used on late 1928 the 27-28-29 have two ports in center of head and manifold about the same one in. in size . these port bring exhaust heat to the intake manifold and can circulate heat by way of the tube over the head to the exhaust manifold. you can take the intake off the motor and fill the exhaust ports with a liquid and see if it leaks in to the intake side

Guest Phil Ellis

Stutz 16

the manifold must be the late 1928 version and it definitely leaks / passes frfom the exhaust to the intake side another way of telling was that it lost vacuum and became presurized however I need another one

any idea's