Where is the ID tag on a Sup Tur TH 400 tranny

Guest Rob J

For my future reference, does anybody have a pic as to where the ID tag on the tranny is located? Since I'm on the hunt for a 65 GS, I'd like to know where to find the tag. Today I had a guy look at a car for me, but he was not able to find the tag, granted he could not easily get quite under the car. It didn't really matter, after I found out the engine block did match anyhow.

Rob.

Check the right side of the transmission. Towards the front and up. You will see the tag.

Look near the vacuum modulator. You'll see a turquoise and silver tag with a "BS" or "BT" code with date stamp below.

Since I'm on the hunt for a 65 GS, I'd like to know where to find the tag. Rob.

Be a little patient and you can buy mine: http://forums.aaca.org/f177/65-gs-fresh-paint-279326.html

Edited by Patrick91914 (see edit history)

Nice looking car Patrick. What are you planning on asking for it? Also, why would you go through all of that work, to just sell it.

I expect to sell the car in the 30s.

I would sell it because there are other '65 Riviera GSs worth saving. I'm 44 and I think that I can tolerate restoring one more car.

• 5 months later...
Heres a pic

yeeesss - due to X frame, it is a tricky game to see the plate with the code, when body shell is on - I was using camera to shoot the picture, then to read on the display the plate's content .....

Otherway I was not able to put my eye between the frame and tranny to see the tags :)

And of course I get dirty while doing that !

post-64271-143138520382_thumb.jpg

Guest nickdaytona

So what if the tag isn't there? I don't think my tag is on my transmission although I will get a better look when i do the lowering kit. My '65 is a numbers matching 401 so i expect the transmission to be matching as well.