1/24 scale | Painting to mach my car.

NCReatta

I started with the basic red/tan assembled plastic model you can get off eBay.

Today I painted the interior burgundy with Testors 1104 Dark Red. Can't decide if it's too shiny or not.

I plan to paint the body with Testors 1245 Gloss White Spray Enamel, and the underside with Testors 1249 Flat Black Spray Enamel (my hobby store started carrying Testors, can you tell? :rolleyes: ).

I don't know if anyone else will find this interesting, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

More pictures to follow in a few days.

post-62980-143138346309_thumb.jpg

post-62980-143138346311_thumb.jpg

Hey Marck,,,

I used to do the model cars when I was your age (and older), and even won a trophy or two for my efforts .... I was at a giant hobby shop/store here in Richmond about 6 or more months ago, and inquired about if anyone (as in a manufacturer) made a Reatta Model. I was told that none were available. You apparently know how to disassemble the Red Reatta Model that we are all aware of, and how to modify it, and apply the current paints available to remake the Red Reatta Model match your real White Reatta ..... which is awesome. When you are finished we would all like to see the end result...please post pictures....and thanks for participating in the Forum :).

Nic

Well sir, I'd like to be your first customer! Please let me know what price you might be asking, and other details. I have a blue '89 with the blue interior, black molding with a gold pinstripe. I know you will receive many orders, now that we've broken the dam!!!!

Regards,

Melody

Well, I'm not sure where to start, I'd have to see what buying the car would cost, and I'd probably have to find the Duplicolor match for the Firemist color. Then paint it with that, and clear over it. I'll also have to do some research into paint for the inside. As my computer is having troubles, and is in the shop for 2-4 weeks, I'm not sure how long it'll take. Right now I'm using a computer which I have limited access to.

I also might have to wait to spring to be able to paint. if it's too cold, the paint won't go on right (assuming I spray paint most of it). I'll do some research when I can, and get back to you.