1929 DA running board matting

60ch

years ago someone screwed some sheet metal onto the boards to patch them up. The matting that I found underneath was a ribbed design, 3/8" wide raised ribs and a 3/16" wide groove between them. The matting has a cloth backing. Both the ribs and grooves are solid with no other markings. There are also pieces of rubber matting that are used between the sides of the front seat and the front doors. That matting has the same groove dimensions as the running boards but is thinner and has no backing. This was an original unrestored car but who knows what was changed over the years.

Terry that running board matting was correct and original for the car and the interior matting that you saw on the sides ( as long as the pattern widths matched the running board ) was correct and original as well but it was just the remnants, the entire front area of the car would have had a floor mat. I can send pict. of an original front floormat if you like, I found a car in Can that still has it. Also the club news a few years back showed a nice black and white photo of one owned by a fellow that I have spoken with here in the US. He was working on having it reproduced but as far as I know the project was abandondoned.

There is no mat with the same exact pattern but there are close designs, the design that I have found has a 3/16 raised rib with a 3/8 wide groove between them if I remember correctly, it was just the opposite of what we needed.

There is at least one fellow in Can that is custom doing mats to any spec. I have heard it is expensve but pretty sure if the labor is considered his cost isnt that far out, I can get you that info if you like.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...