Found these photos today...

keiser31

Found these photos from 1974 of my 1931 Dodge Brothers coupe and my 1926 Chrysler '58' sedan. The Chrysler had been restored beautifully by Mason Chrysler/Plymouth in Royal Oak, Michigan. I used to see it in parades in town. I then saw it sit behind the dealership building for ages and the snow would pile up on it and then the car disappeared one day. When I was about 16, I was walking around town and peeked into the window of a local glass shop to see what exotic car they were working on. It was hard to see in because there was a tarped car blocking my view. I saw wood spokes sticking out from under the tarp so I went inside to check it out. It turned out to be the old Chrysler. I ended up getting it for $500.00. It ran GREAT and went down the road very well. The main trouble with it was that the wood hinge pillars on the driver's side had been damaged by the snow because the restored top was shrunk back enough to let a lot of moisture in. Otherwise, the car was in excellent condition...even the top and doors! I drove it around for a while and when I moved to California in 1972, my dad sold it off to someone. The other photo is of my dad and I towing the '31 coupe to California. I think we were in Wyoming at that point.

post-37352-143138334002_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138334008_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

John, Becha wish ya' had that hair today, huh?

great pics !

would any of us pull a car like that, on tires like that from Detroit to Oregon today?

John, Becha wish ya' had that hair today, huh?

great pics !

would any of us pull a car like that, on tires like that from Detroit to Oregon today?

Yes...I wish I had some of that hair (although, I still have a fairly full head of hair, but thin at the top). No...I would NEVER do that "flat" towing scene again. The good thing is that the tires and tubes were fairly new when I did that. The bad news is that I lost a piece of the window trim from the '31 on the trip that took me 37 years to replace.