Can somebody help identify this part

Guest freddiep

Guest freddiep

Hi Guys,

I found this part at an uncles house and it has been there a long time.

Its obviously some kind of wheel hub but from what.

He tells me that he has owned both an old Stutz or and early Oldsmobile and its either one of those, but he is getting old and his memory is pretty shaky.

Can anyone here identify it form the pictures, i am not sure if its worth anything it just a matter of curiosity.

THANKS!

post-70931-143138328499_thumb.jpg

post-70931-143138328503_thumb.jpg

post-70931-143138328504_thumb.jpg

It definately looks like a buffalo wire wheel hub. If he had a Stutz, it would be a number 5 hub. Model L Lincoln, Cadillac, Duesenberg, and a few other used a larger number 6 hub. This piece bolts on to the brake drum. It appears this one came off the front as that washer with the 7/8 circle cut out in the middle is meant to fit on the spindle. I wonder if the threads are bad on it or something because why would someone take it off?

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

Guest freddiep
It definately looks like a buffalo wire wheel hub. If he had a Stutz, it would be a number 5 hub. Model L Lincoln, Cadillac, Duesenberg, and a few other used a larger number 6 hub. This piece bolts on to the brake drum. It appears this one came off the front as that washer with the 7/8 circle cut out in the middle is meant to fit on the spindle. I wonder if the threads are bad on it or something because why would someone take it off?

I was wondering this myself, is there anywhere i can get a hold of some specifications so i can measure it up and check out wether its any good?

BTW: Thanks for the info, you obviously know your stuff. :)