Dug the 67 out today

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

Dug my 67 out of the garage today. It has not seen the light of day for almost three years. It was burried under a ton of stuff, at times over the last couple years you honestly would not have known there was even a car in that stall of the garage. Wanted to check it over before Winter to make sure it was storing well. Aside from a little mildew and a mouse having a little fun, everything was still perfect. I cleaned the interior, took it on a 6 mile drive and tucked it back away. Plan on taking it on a couple long distance outings next summer. I have owned this car since 1979, I bought it in May of 79 as my first car, and I bought it from my Grandfather who bought it new.

post-30591-143138324555_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143138324563_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

That's a correct Buick Accessory Spotlight. It rotates a full 360 and the bulb also pivots up and down. This car is loaded with goodies.

Guest my3buicks

None at all, It started right up, and after letting it sit and idle for a while, it never missed a beat on the drive.

Been a rather busy three years, only had the Centurion out a couple times last summer(less than 100 miles, but did manage to put about 1800 miles on it this summer)(2 trips to Columbus and a trip to Saugatuck, MI).

The 67 was also buried under and around by a ton of stuff that made it near impossible to even see it.

I am sure I am not the only one that this has happened to, but I really got burnt out of the car stuff. I have been showing cars for 30 years and the politics that can accompany the car club hobby just left me cold for a while.

As I said, next summer planning on taking the 67 on a couple major outings, Saugatuck, MI for one, and Hagertown MD area for another. So it will get some miles on it.