RARE WILDCAT G.S. ON E-BAY

palbuick

There is a very RARE Wildcat GS convt now on e-bay Item # 594943026.<BR>From the serial number it is a Standard Wildcat G.S. Convt.<BR>According to the figures I have only "41" were produced. A complete check should be made to verify this , copy of production sheet would be helpful.<P>AK huickman, When did you get a 66 Wildcat .<BR>The one from riverside you chased for years is now owned by Tom Mooney<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

This may be the same car that was on eay about a month ago. If it is the numbers don't match and I beleive the engine is a 65 401 not a 66 425. It was painted green not red. Also the chrome air cleaner had holes drilled into it. The paint was not an original Buick color and the interior may hae been changed.<P>Larry

From the pictures I got today, it has definitely has a green engine, with holes in the air cleaner, Buckets seats, the most obvious is the GS emblem is at the back of the quarter panel I thought it was supposed to be under the end of the Wildcat? Can't see if it has the GS emblem on the dash.

R.V., does it have the GS on the grille ctr bar???<BR> If the GS on the rear 1/4 is above the letters, sounds like a fake unless someone at the factory was a bit sleepy when inspecting the car!!!!<P> Let Us Know when Ya Can smile.gif" border="0<P> don55

palbuick;<BR>The '66 Wildcat that I just purchased was found in the middle of Alaska. Does Tom Mooney own a black '66 Wildcat coupe? The one from Riverside was black, and had 13,000 original miles on it.<BR>RE; '66 Wildcat for sale on e-bay;<BR>Make sure that the GS nameplates are the 1966 style. I've seen fake Wildcat GS's using later model GS nameplates, the ones that are slanted to the right, instead of the '66 block style, which are straight up and down.<BR>AK Buickman

I saw the auction was cancelled because of an error in the listing. When that happens all bids are cancelled. I was the high bidder last time it was on ebay about a month ago. The seller in San Fran must have sold it to this guy. After talking with him<BR>and determining it was not a numbers matching car I became very skeptical about the other problems with it. Might not be a bad Wildcat convertible driver but I don't think in its current state it should be valued as a genuine GS. The San Fran guy did not have any documentation on the car either.<P>Larry<BR>Larry

I have mixed feelings about starting this.<BR>The pictures listed looked good, but inquiring minds will come through. Did we save someone from buying a phony car. There are so many cars that are low production being cloned today, buyer beware. If all the questiones asked her help a buyer from buying a bad car, then this is a great column and a great bunch of people.<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com