Anyone WATCH the pinstriper?

Ovalrace25

I watched it done once, but I never did it myself. The "master" had a old wheel balancer, they type that had the level bubble in it, and set the wheel rim on it, made small marks where he was going to lay the paint line, and just lightly spun the wheel. Then he layed down his special brush and put down the line as the wheel spun. As I remember he only needed one pass and the lines were small. Came out perfect, I was amazed.

I used a "Beugler Pinstriping Tool". Uses regular striping paint. With a little practice, worked great! If you make a mistake, just wipe it off and start again. I set the wheel flat on a stool and "walked" my way around the wheel using the guide on the tool. I had a "dual" wheel on it for side-by side striping. (Price list in the photo is from 1994!) :rolleyes:

post-67404-143138317325_thumb.jpg

I used a cheapo pin striping kit. The little bottle and wheel thingy. Jacked the car up. Jerry rigged a holder for the striper, 3 stripes per wheel at the right heights and turned the wheel. Took a few tries per wheel but with enamel, if it's not good just wipe it off with a rag and maybe a hint of thinner.

Not that big a deal to do with a little practice,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bob