proper gas

Guest mjames

Hello to all, I am the proud new owner of a 52 Chrysler Windsor with the straight 6 and fluid matic trans. My question is, what type of gas should i be putting in it. Should i be putting in an additive to compensate for the absence of lead. Thanks.

I am sure this is just the first of many questions i will have and want to thank everybody in advance for the knowledge and expertise that they share.

Mike

Guest Superjustin13
Hello to all, I am the proud new owner of a 52 Chrysler Windsor with the straight 6 and fluid matic trans. My question is, what type of gas should i be putting in it. Should i be putting in an additive to compensate for the absence of lead. Thanks.

I am sure this is just the first of many questions i will have and want to thank everybody in advance for the knowledge and expertise that they share.

Mike

I generally Use Middle Grade gas- 89 and put some lead additive in it. Usually whatever additive your local store carries. read the back of it some additive is concentrated Differently . I think its 1OZ per 10 gallons the good additive.

Just read the back. you should be fine

Your engine was built to run on unleaded gas of under 80 octane. Today's regular 87 octane gas is plenty good enough. High compression overhead valve engines needing leaded high octane gas were just coming in when your car was built. It is not one of them.

I would suggest, in the interest of longevity, you could add some upper cylinder oil to the gas, such as Redex, Marvel Mystery Oil or similar brand. This will reduce wear on the valves, cylinders and piston rings.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)