75 Buick Skyhawk

Guest butcher

Guest butcher

I just purchased a 1975 Buick Skyhawk and would like to know how many were made, how many still available, where would I find parts, manuals, any other information anyone could provide. Thanks in advance for any help.:rolleyes:

According to The Standard Catalog of Buick, there were two trim levels - body style HT07 is the 2 door 'S' type hatchback, and HS07 is the 2 door hatch. There were a total of 29448 built, without a break down of the two styles. All were manufactured in Canada. GM of Canada Archive Services Vintage Vehicle Services - GM Vehicle Build/Option Documentation may be able to provide you with additional information for a fee (I think $50). However, I don't know if they have information only on vehicles for the Canadian market or that plus vehicles manufactured in Canada - that would be worth asking them.

Manuals should be available, either through eBay or vendors who deal with this (depending on where you are, Ken McGee in Ontario has a lot of stuff - a Google search will turn him up) - some manuals have been scanned and are available on DVD now if you prefer.

Good luck.

PS - we like photos here....

Parts are somewhat difficult to find, as it took me 2 years to round up the necessary items I needed to do my restoration of my 75 'Hawk. Google is your friend and will search out many of the parts you will probably need. Realize however that there are no reproduction parts available for the H body and that 75 was pretty much a "one year only" for many parts; ie: a 76 model year part may or may not work for your car.

Post up what stuff you are looking for and I'd be glad to help you search. I saved some of my links when I was doing mine several years ago. Here's a photo of mine:

DSC00245resize.jpg

Another issue of that generation of H-platform cars is that not all parts are universally-used among the car lines. As mentioned, differences (more than you might ever suspect) from different model years, too.

MANY minor differences, BUT they all should fit into the same place. This will explain why a steering column shaft part for a Buick is different than for, possibly, an Olds or Chevy . . . BUT the complete column and attaching items should be interchangeable.

Seems like there are several "groups" in Google, Yahoo, or similar for this particular vehicle family. I had a customer with a Chevy Monza version, several years ago, which is when I discovered how different each of the carline-versions were. He'd also done a lot of looking on the Internet, back then, and gained quite a bit of knowledge from that owner/enthusiast network.

The Buick H-cars are another of the "forgotten Buicks", but that does not mean they were not good vehicles . . . just used for what they were and traded-in by their original owners, like a "normal vehicle". In that earlier time frame, if people wanted a small car, they usually didn't look to Buick, but if they had, they might have found something really nice, comfortable, and economical.

Keep us posted, please!

NTX5467

Guest butcher

Thanks for all the information. At this time I don't need any parts. As I indicated I just purchased the vehicle two days ago and have it at a repair shop to change fluids, check belts, hoses, brakes, etc. It has only been setting in a garage not started for the last 3 years and only has 28,000 original miles. It only has two small rust spots and the interior hardly looks like anyone has set in the seats. I am only the second owner and it truly was only driven by a lady to the beauty shop, around a small town, and 30 miles for the service. :)

• 2 months later...
Guest butcher

Thanks Buick Racer, I am in St. Thomas the next two weeks and the internet down here is as on island time just like the people. Will check out your site when back in the states. Took me 15 minutes to just bring up your post.

• 3 months later...
Guest buickapollo455

NEED 79-80 fenders with flat hood, dont know if early fenders fit with rounded up down hood. I have a 79 need restore good steel no rot bottoms. Lets post a "skyhawk and special series skyhawk section" please

• 1 month later...