Searching for 1955 film/print material for TV Series

Guest Greene HD

Guest Greene HD

I am searching for any great material for 1955 model Buicks for our new reality HDTV series "Reality Rides."

We have some magazine ads. But really need commercials, radio ads, still images taken in 1955, etc. to use as fun segments in and out of commercial breaks.

I have tried to find a good contact number for the GM Media Archive dept, but no luck. I once had a good number for them years ago, when we did a program on the Corvette for Chevrolet back in 1999. But it no longer works.

We would be happy to credit any material provided. We can work with any format, the higher resolution the better. Any ideas or contact info would be appreciated.

With enough digging on YouTUBE, there are some original television commercials posted there. One channel is AutomobileHistoryUSA, which has postings from romanoarchives.tk. In the Romanoarchives website, there is a menu on the rh side with multimedia listings for various years. For "1955", there are some neat trivia/historic items listed . . . some of which pertain to Buick.

The Plan59 :: 1950s Design :: Classic Car Art website isn't working again, so you can get to it via Internet Archive: Free Movies, Music, Books & Wayback Machine and the "Wayback Machine" function. It has some "art" advertising pictures, with the applicable slogan under it.

The GM archives were re-organized a few years ago. They have their own website now, GM Heritage Center - We Make History Every Day Also, check -GM PhotoStore I'm not sure what the Buick archives at the Sloan Museum research building have in them, in this respect.

Seems like the Detroit Public Library has an extensive automotive history section?

Also, there used to be a series of old car ads that were sold on in VHS tape format. I found one at Borders many years ago, in their video section. Might be some still out there?

I also found www.historicvideoarachive.com/car_buick.htm which has some Buick brand-specific listings (as they have similar listings for other brands of vehicles). Looks like there might be something in there for MANY of our Buick enthusiast associates!!

Hope this might help . . .

NTX5467

The Museum of Broadcast Communications has a great archive of old television commercials, including automotive ads.

http://www.museum.tv/

I've been there; they have a great archive section where you can research and view many products.

Also try the William F. Eisner Museum of Advertising and Design in Chicago.

The Eisner

Joe

Edited by Reatta Man (see edit history)