HELP! Need circa 1930 HAL SOHC head for Ford Model A/B. Leads?

George Albright

Guest Bob Call

You need to post a WTB ad on Ford Barn and H.A.M.B.. My cousin bought an original Miller- Scholfield OHV conversion head a couple years ago for $1600. The shop that buiilt his B model engine said they usually sell for around $3500. I would guess a HAL head would be in the same range.

You are correct grasshopper! This is the car built in the early 1970s by Jim Talmadge,son of Buster Keeton. I bought the car from Jims son Michael. Randy Ema assisted me in the deal. Jim found this Miller 2 man Indy body in an Indianapolis garage sometime after 1970 and constructed this beauty in his machine shop on a Model A Ford running gear with this sohc HAL head and dual Winfield carbs.and high speed trans. It runs like the wind! Unfortunately there are many old welds along the head,that allowed moisture to seep all thru the head and made it all but fall apaprt when we tried to weld a crack. HOWEVER,yesterday I found a complete engine with HAL sohc head on it,which has been stored since the 1940s! The owner is going to sell it to me,so I am a happy camper! However I want to keep looking for a backup head also. Yes I put an an on HAMB and FORDBARN yesterday. THANKS guys! George

post-62459-14313828105_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143138281053_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143138281055_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143138281058_thumb.jpg