Ames, Iowa flooding

Guest HessLakeGuy

Guest HessLakeGuy

........just watched the videos of Ames, IA flooding. Then I went to to some other videos===the entire ISU campus where the national meet was is flooded.

The parking lots we used all week were flooded big time. The interstates nearby are closed, too.

How terrible. What a disaster.

They said the flood water INSIDE the WalMart on Duff Road is waist deep. (Duff is where the Red Lobster, Applebys and other restaurants were.)

Tom

There is a photo in todays WSJ with a bunch of Wal-mart employees and customers being evacuated. They are riding in the back of a monster dump truck. The water must be at least couple of feet deep. It is covering the front bumper of the truck, and up to the axle of the big wheel of an end loader next to it.

This is terrible, what a mess and with school starting in a week or so. It looks like we had the show at the right time.

Now is the time to change the the safety check items to include fire ext, and life jackets. Look for it on your next judging form

Lets hope Ames recovers quickly, it is a super nice town

Chuck

Guest HessLakeGuy

See, what I tell people....................timing is everything in life.

If we were there right now we would be in a world of hurt.

The basketball building (right next to where we judged) has water about ten feet deep, and the wooden basketball court is floating in the water.

I wish them well. The people were so nice.

Has anyone ever checked their insurance coverage to see if it covers flood. I didnt see anything in my Grundy policy and I am going to contact them to see if we actually have coverage. It could happen again and I would like to know

Every should check with their company. Any body know

Chuck