Let the party begin in Ames

Booreatta

We made Ames in the middle of the afternoon and a very pleasant day. The Best Western motel is very nice and a lot of Reatta people are already here. Will check in at Registration in the morning. I would caution anyone going to stay at Best Western don't put 2500 University in your GPS unless you have up dated it recently as that address in not. The CORRECT ADDRESS IN 2500 Elwood. Your GPS will take you to the wrong place. You can watch the signs placed by the BCA and they are also correct. The BCA has done a great job at marking the directions. Tomorrow we will cruise to Jewell to get the route down for the Rendezvous on Friday, It looks like it will be a lot of fun

Thats all for tonite. Drive carefully and we will see ya in Ames

Chuck

We put in about 420 miles... staying the night South of Prior OK, much hotter than Ames here.

We had a great time, a very good turn out of Reattas. Chuck or George counted 31 Reattas parked on the street in Jewel.

400 point judging started poorly as it was raining Friday until aroung 11:00 am. Reattas put on a good show for the Buick people.

A new discovery at Ames..... a 1982 Riviera Select Sixty. more information when I get on a computer with a full size keyboard.

We put in about 420 miles... staying the night South of Prior OK, much hotter than Ames here.

We had a great time, a very good turn out of Reattas. Chuck or George counted 31 Reattas parked on the street in Jewel.

400 point judging started poorly as it was raining Friday until aroung 11:00 am. Reattas put on a good show for the Buick people.

A new discovery at Ames..... a 1982 Riviera Select Sixty. more information when I get on a computer with a full size keyboard.

And what a party it was. I think the unoffical count at Jewell was 39 Reattas in every color. The line of cars was about 4 miles long by our best est. All of the Reatta club had a good time. The rendezvous got to Jewell from Ames and we had front and center parking. One comment was made to me that it looked like Jewell was the Reatta used car center of the country. We had lots of new members and were presented a plaque from Rick Young and the BCA for winning the membership contest. Rick and Bill did an outstanding job at this years national and if you did not attend you missed a good one.

Save your money and make a plan to attend the 2011 national in Mass next year. The Reattas need to make a good showing in Boston over the 4 th of July. Boston has one of the best celebrations in the country. I hope everybody made it home safely. Boy is it hot in Wichita, Kansas.......Now I need to take a nam

Chuck

Chuck, you are a trouble maker. putting a Reatta logo on a Riviera is sick.

I do have pictures of the 1982 Riviera with the Select Sixty markings and I will post them here when I down load my Ames pictures...........

Also, I may have been the only Reatta owner that went on the tour to the collection of Chevys. This fellow south of Ames has about 130 Chevy convertibles, one or more for each year. He has Corvettes from 1953 to 1976, Chevelles, ChevyII/Nova, a single Corvair, and full size Chevys from 1914 including the 1917 V8 to the last convertible in 1976.

Each car is ready to drive and all have personallized Iowa tags. The collection is private but there have been recent internet postings showing the cars......unbelievable collection.

Picture of the Reatta judging crew at Ames. We started judging under a walkway because it was raining hard. You will find some of these guys posting here.

Left to Right... Tom Selander (hesslakeguy) Gene Philips, Cal Dewhirst, Ed Farnell (Reatta sec/tres), George Madson (Reatta vp), Don Kinas (tech advisor)

post-30596-143138269494_thumb.jpg

Attached are a couple of pictures. The first is the Select Sixty emblem located below the Riviera script on each front fender. The next is the plaque on the dash, the last is something the owner had that may have been with the car.
Whats the deal? The third photo of the blue poster says "Limited Edition Convertible Reatta". The other two photos are of stick on plaques added to a Riviera. Is this a joke that is for Ames participants only or what?

Guest HessLakeGuy

The judging team really got a break when we were the only group that realized that it would be dry under that elevated sidewalk. It was actually Barneys idea.

It was referred to as "drive thru judging" and it seemed to work OK.

We had to deal with rain, wet cars, and wet judging sheets. Later on a breeze came up and cooled things off, but that blew the paperwork around on the clipboards.

A great way to spend a Friday morning with some nice people.

Tom