Chrome trim attaching clips

Guest Clay2252

Guest Clay2252

Folks, does anyone have a specific source for chrome trim attaching clips? I have a 49 Custom 8 I'm putting back together and some of the clips have rusted and broken, and all should be replaced.

I have been advised to call on body shops, paint supply houses, and Auveco, but none have been able to supply something that will work. Does anyone out there know of a source for these clips :confused:

Thanks for any help or suggestions - Clay

Restoration Specialties would be an excellent source. MrG's Enterprises also sells similar Mr. G's Enterprises - Home Page.

Their clips are part of the Auveco line but some of the Packard clips were odd size. Hopefully that will be one of the standard ones other mfgs used. If not, and there is access behind, it might be possible to use a generic breakaway to fit type with studs which require a bolt on. One nice thing is both PDF catalogs shows the clips in actual size so you can print the page and lay the old over the illustration to compare. One not quite exact but close might be able to substitute.

Edited by HH56 (see edit history)

Guest Clay2252

:) Thanks, Folks -

Dave Czirr pointed me to the Restoration Services web site, also, and I found the clip on page 117 of their catalog. It is shown as the Lower Body Moulding Fastener for the 48-49 Packard.

Helpful people willing to share knowledge are great, aren't they?

Clay

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Clay2252

Unfortunately, Restoration Specialties called me and told me they are out of the Packard clips (B1115 in their catalog). Very disappointing.

Clay