233 Water Jacket

Guest snomkela

Guest snomkela

Hello everyone,

I am in need of a water jacket for my 1934 Buick Sr. 40 233 engine. The one I have has too many holes in it to repair. Any leads will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Kevin Simmons

Guest snomkela

no it is the baffle that is along side of the engine on the right side. It hides under the intake and exhaust manifold. I found a pic of one and I attached it to the page.

post-64594-143138241081_thumb.jpg

Guest snomkela

Yeah its the first part that I have had trouble in locating. If I can just find the cover I am sure I can make the baffle myself.

Kevin

Guest simonmeridew

I'm pretty sure I saw one on ebay maybe 6-8 weeks ago. Not even positive it ever sold. An listing may not show up in a completed item search on ebay if no activity. Keep an eye on ebay "1934 buick" search; there's a guy parting out a 233 recently. Sometimes people pull the engine/drivetrain and slip a small V8 in. Not my cup of tea, but a part is a part.

simonmeridew

Ebay is the only place I have seen them and very few over the last 6 or 7 years.

If a N.O.S. one is listed expect to pay a lot for it as the competition is fierce ( I know from experience!! )

Your best bet is to try a second hand one, they are invariably rusted but some can be repaired.

Group No. 1.140 Part No. 1266732 - COVER, CYLINDER WATER JACKET

These were only used for 1934 and 1935 233 motors hence the shortage of spares.

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)